𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟵 || To Meet Elvendork and Marco

"Are they here yet?" Emery sighed, sitting on the sofa with a bounce.

"No, Emery, you'll know when they come," her mother replied, preparing the table to its finest.

"When will they come?" she asked persistently.

"In a few minutes. They said they'll be here at noon."

"But it's eleven fifty-eight," we still have ages to go.

Primrose looked up. "Emery, two minutes isn't a long wait."

"It is for me," she grumbled, staring the fireplace.

She gave a loud sigh and smoothened her dress, counting the seconds until noon.

The grandfather clock in the hallway rung, its sound echoing through the Manor.

The fireplace suddenly glowed emerald green, and flames raged from inside, before slowly simmering down and revealing a person.

A tall man, with messy, black hair and soft brown eyes. He looked like an older version of James Potter.

Mrs. Fowl wore a gentle smile. "Welcome," she said. "Happy Christmas."

Mr. Potter smiled at her. "And to you."

"Good afternoon, Mr. Potter," Emery greeted. "Happy Christmas."

The man looked at Emery. "You must be Emery Fowl, dear," he greeted. "Happy Christmas to you too."

Emery beamed as he gave her a bag. "This is something for you. From Euphemia and I," he said.

She opened it. She gasped.

It was a tiny cactus, no bigger than her palm. "Awwww," she purred. "It's so cute. I'm going to name him Elvendork," she said happily.

"Thank you, Mr. Potter," she chirped. "Where are James and Sirius?"

Mr. Potter laughed. 

"They'll be here in five minutes. Euphemia needs to settle something with them," he said with a twinkle in his eye. "Call me Fleamont, Mr. Potter makes me sound so much older."

Emery grinned. "High five," she said childishly, earning a glare from her mother. "The postman calls me Miss Fowl, and I hate it so much."

Mr. Potter chuckled. "You are certainly more entertaining in real life than my boys make you out to be," he said cheerfully. "Not to mention quite pretty too," he added.

Before Emery could answer him, the fire turned green once more.

Out stepped the other three. Euphemia Potter, and the boys, James and Sirius. Emery's heart fluttered when she saw Sirius all dressed up.

Emery rushed to hug James first, who stuck out his tongue at Sirius and smirked at his jealousy. Emery then hugged Sirius, a bit awkwardly, since she was flustered.

"Happy Christmas," she said.

Sirius smiled, and Mrs. Fowl led them to the dining table for lunch, deep in conversation with the Potters.

Sirius, James and Emery were talking about Quidditch.

After lunch, the adults were talking in the living room, and Emery, James and Sirius were playing Gobstones in one of the spare rooms.

"So," asked Sirius. "Can we see your room now?"

Emery shook her head. "It's not yet set up. It's under renovation. I sleep in with Mama," she said sadly. "My room has the coolest stuff."