𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟮 || To Rig a Party

Emery and her mother appeared before the gates of Malfoy Manor not a second later. 

They walked through the entrance and made their way to the ball, greeting the other purebloods along the way. Emery was looking for the Potters, eager to see James and Sirius again.

Since Cecilia hadn't arrived, the party hadn't begun yet, and the guests were all making small talk within themselves and greeting the newly arrived. 

As Emery made her way to the drinks table, she was met by a tall, beautiful blonde, who smiled at Emery.

"I'm Elanor," she said. "You must be Emery. Welcome."

"Good evening," she greeted politely. "How do you do, Mrs. Malfoy?"

"I'm well, thank you," she replied. "You look wonderful, dear."

"You too, Mrs. Malfoy," she said, playing with her fingers nervously.

"I want to thank you for looking after my daughter all these years." Mrs. Malfoy smiled, "Cecilia has told me so much about you. It's wonderful to meet you at last."

"It's my pleasure," she replied nonchalantly. "Cecy is like my sister. I'd do anything for her."

"I'm glad," she said. "In fact, Cecilia was calling for you. Come along."

Emery was curious as to why Cecilia was calling her when she was supposed to be getting ready. Still, she followed Mrs. Malfoy through the halls of Malfoy Manor until a set of double doors, which Emery assumed to be Cecilia's living quarters.

When Emery entered, she saw Cecilia sitting on a chair, while a couple of women did her makeup and hair. She was smiling, and her face was filled with radiance.

On seeing Emery, she stood up, ignoring the women beside her.

"Emery," she greeted cheerfully. "You came!"

"Of course I did," Emery replied. "What's up?"

Cecilia saw Emery's dress. "Em, you look amazing," she whispered. 

"Thank you," said Emery. "Hang on, why aren't you ready yet?" she asked.

Cecilia whispered something in Emery's ear.

"Ohhhhh," said Emery, nodding her head, suddenly understanding. "Well, why didn't you say so?"

Cecilia rolled her eyes. "Alright girls, you can leave now. Emery will be helping me get dressed," she chirped.

Mrs. Malfoy smiled and kissed Cecilia's hair before leaving, the women following her.

Emery helped Cecilia into her gown.

The dress was made of navy blue velvet, with a halter neck and a slit on the side, reaching up to her mid thigh. It was slim and extremely elegant, and fit Cecilia perfectly.

She wore a pair of tall silver heels, and a few pieces of jewelry on her neck and hands. 

She looked amazing.

They stood in the bathroom, Emery with a pair of scissors in her hand.

"You sure about this?" she asked.

Cecilia nodded. "I'm sure. Do it."

All it took were a few snips for Cecilia to get rid of her hair.