𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱𝟱 || To Lose a Player

February passed by quickly, bringing with it the excitement of Valentine's day.

Emery wasn't at all interested in Valentine's day, because she believed that one did not need a specific day to show their love. Instead, love should be shown everyday to the loved one, to tell them that you'd always be there for them.

Cecilia, on the other hand, was going to Hogsmeade with Rabastan Lestrange, and she was most excited.

Emery spent the entire Valentine playing Valentine's day tricks on Filch. She kept on sending him prank flowers and chocolates, watching him fall for the same prank over and over again.

He got pranked a total of fifty two times.

March arrived, bringing with it the tense arrival of the Quidditch Cup finals. The whole school was excited for this match, since it would be Ravenclaw vs Gryffindor, and both teams were at the highest point of rivalry.

The Slytherins and Hufflepuffs had split between supporting Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, both at the point of dueling each other. 

The atmosphere was so tense that all it took was a single word for two students on opposite sides to start arguing.

Emery and Sirius didn't spend much time together, especially seeing as Sirius was on the Quidditch team, and James, as the captain, scheduled two hourly practices every single day.

The match was to take place on the last weekend of March, and there was still one week to go. The Ravenclaw team was practicing harder than ever, and often asked the help of Emery to distract the Gryffindors who had taken to spying on their team in an attempt to note down their strategies.

Emery found this too easy, seeing as it was mainly the Marauders who were spying on them. Emery simply just set invisible traps around, and because James and Sirius were hidden underneath the invisibility cloak together, it was very difficult for them to avoid the so named traps.

Two days before the match, Chester Davies, the Ravenclaw Quidditch Captain had gotten into a fight with a Slytherin.

Chester, who played as a keeper, was a half blood Seventh year, and he had accidentally bumped into Theodore Nott, a notorious Slytherin student.

Emery was in the Great Hall, feeding Marco peas when it happened.

She stood up, watching the two boys who were yelling at each other.

The Slytherin was the one who threw the first punch. 

And then chaos unfolded. Punching, kicking, yelling, screaming, attacking...

Emery yelled for them to stop, but they kept on fighting, while students gathered around them chanting 'FIGHT' repeatedly.

Until a teacher came.

Both students were heavily injured, and in a completely messed up condition. Theodore Nott was sporting a broken jaw, and femur, as well as a damaged kidney and four broken blood vessels.

Chester Davies had definitely gotten off worse. He had several broken ribs, a broken nose, a cracked skull, and was profusely bleeding from his eye.

The boys had both gotten detention for a month, but Ravenclaw overall suffered the worse deal.

They had no keeper.

One day before the match, the Ravenclaws had come up with a way to replace their players. They wanted Emery to try out.