𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟲 || To Attend a Party

Emery Fowl stood before the mirror, fixing her outfit she'd chosen for the party. 

Of course Emery had attended parties before, but they were all formal. This was her first time attending any other party besides those that were hosted by purebloods. While in those parties, Emery always wore fancy dresses, she had no clue what to wear this time.

With a little help from Cecy, and some of the other girls in the dormitory, Emery had settled on wearing something warm, comfortable and decent.

She looked in the mirror one more time. 

"You sure I look okay?" asked Emery, looking at Cecilia who was sprawled on her bed reading a book.

"Yes, Em, you look fine," said Cecilia, not looking up from the pages. "Now hurry up, and go, or else you'll be late."

"Sheesh, I'm going," said Emery, looking at herself in the mirror one last time as she brushed her long blonde hair which she tied into a loose ponytail. 

She wore a silvery-gray polo neck sweater made of the softest material, and deep blue skinny jeans. She finished off with a pair of suede black heeled boots, which reached her knees and made her look even taller than usual.

Kissing an annoyed Cecy on the cheek, she picked up the gift bag on her bed and ambled out of the dormitory.

At exactly half past eight, she reached the Room of Requirement. Slowly, she slipped through the doors, in fear, so as not to get caught by any of the patrolling teachers.

As soon as she entered, her jaw dropped. 

The room was slightly dark, lit up only by a candles and enchanted fireworks. There was a large table of snacks, as well as a drinks table, where it looked like half of The Hog's Head's stash was. Loud music blares from the radios, each playing a different song. Students danced wildly to the beat, following no particular song.

"Hey, look who's here," sang a voice to Emery's left. "Glad you could make it."

Emery turned her head. "Sirius!" she exclaimed happily. "It looks wonderful!" she said, looking around the room once more.

Sirius shrugged. "It's like this most of our parties," he said. "Your cousin didn't come?"

Emery shook her head. "She didn't want to. She said she wasn't feeling well. She said thanks for the invitation, though" Emery explained.

"Oh," said Sirius. "Tell her you're welcome then, and wish her a speedy recovery."

"Okay," agreed Emery, before turning to look at the party, where a bunch of Gryffindor girls were dancing wildly. 

"I've never been to a party like this before," she said in awe.

"I know," smirked Sirius. "You've only been to the typical pureblood formal parties, right?"

"Yep," she chirped. "How did you learn how to party like this anyway?" she inquired.

He smiled slyly. "It wasn't me. Moony," he said.

"Remus?"

"Oops," muttered Sirius to himself. "I let it slip."

"Sorry?" asked Emery.

"Yeah, I meant Remus," said Sirius. "He's half blood, and he's got many muggle friends in his neighborhood, so he learnt a couple of stuff from their parties."

"Ohhhh," said Emery.

"Yeah," said Sirius, rubbing the back of his neck. "Come enjoy the party now."