𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟳 || To Woo a Girl

Over the following days, Sirius' birthday party was all that was talked about.

Wherever Emery went, the topic was the party. Even the first years spoke of it. There were loads of rumors travelling around the school, so nobody knew which information was genuine and which was not, save for the party attendees themselves. 

The party had increased the Marauders' and Emery's popularity greatly. She was known as the 'Dance It' Queen wherever she went. Naturally, she enjoyed the attention.

Much to Emery's disappointment, the first snowfall had still not arrived, and she spent all morning by the window, hoping with all her heart that it would snow, even if it was just one snowflake.

The next big event in line was the Christmas ball, scheduled to take place on the twelfth of December. There was still a month to go, but some students were already fully prepared for it, and were waiting in anticipation.

Cecilia was one of these people.

Apparently, she had already been asked by someone, and she agreed. She was one of the first people to get a date to the ball. Emery was so curious as to who it could be, but whenever she asked Cecilia, she was ignored. 

Cecilia wasn't going to tell Emery, since Emery was incapable of keeping a secret.

Emery, however, had no date yet, and nor did she want one. Of course she didn't mind if someone asked her, but she'd prefer going alone, since she was free to go wherever she pleased, and be with whomever she wanted, instead of being tied down.

Besides, she didn't think she would even be asked, since she was so mischievous, and barely anyone could hang out with her.

How very mistaken she was.

Although she was so naughty and loud, not to mention random, there was no denying it that Emery Fowl was pretty. Her features were admired by many, and many girls longed to have her looks. According to them, 'Emery Fowl doesn't deserve such beauty, since she doesn't even care. She's too busy playing pranks.

It was after charms class that Emery was first asked to the ball, by none other that Bertram Aubrey, a Ravenclaw in her year.

"Hey Fowl. I doubt you'll get a better offer than this, so come with me to the ball," he said cockily.

Emery burst out laughing. 

"Better offer? Really? So you admit that you're hired to entertain girls? Well thanks, but no thanks," she said loudly, causing everyone to look at Emery and Bertram Aubrey.

The news then spread throughout that Bertram Aubrey, hunk of Hogwarts, was rejected by Emery Fowl.

The second time Emery was asked to the ball was a day later, by Amos Diggory. The guy had wooed her in the middle of the Great Hall during breakfast, with a large bouquet of daffodils, not knowing that Emery was allergic to them.

"Emery Fowl," he announced in front of everyone. He held out the bouquet of daffodils right under her nose as he placed them in her arms. "Be my date to the ball."

Emery stood in shock, her hands holding the flowers, not even realizing they were daffodils. There was quite a spectacle in the Great Hall, since majority of the Hogwarts population were betting that Amos would surely not be rejected, especially after Bertram, who in their opinion, was 'not quite as good looking as Amos.'

A minute later, while Emery was still standing frozen, she felt a tickle in her nose.

Amos took her silence as a 'yes' and he was rejoicing that he had a date, when Emery suddenly burst into a violent sneezing fit.