Chapter 32 - Helping Neville

You make me feel like dancin'I wanna dance the night away

I wanna dance the night away

3rd Person POV.

The Yule Ball had just been announced and the group were planning on going to Hogsmeade to talk about what to do, clothes to buy and things like that. The twins also wanted to plan a huge prank during the Yule Ball. They all also helped the twins with their preparations for the Joke Shop.

Malia offered them money, but they felt wrong taking money from their friend. They told her that her support was enough. She insisted, but they declined. They didn't want charity from their friends. They wanted to work for the money themselves.

Rosie, Ryan and Malia go and wait outside the Gryffindor common room to wait for the twins and Lee to hang at Hogsmeade. They talk to the annoying fat lady and Malia couldn't stand it anymore and knocks at the portrait. "Let us in." Malia says. Looking deep into the eyes of the portrait. 

"Not without the password. You snoops." she yells. Malia groans knowing her power didn't work on the portraits. 

"Mimbulus mimbletonia." Ryan says. The portrait begins to open up.

"How did you know?" Malia asks.

"I listen to more than just the professors in class Malia." Ryan says. The lady then lets everyone in. They then walk in to see a crying Neville being comforted by the twins and Lee.

"Hey guys! Let's go before the sun sets!" Malia says, completely ignoring the crying Neville.

"Malia, read the room." Ryan says, holding her back.

Malia looks at Ryan, unsure of what the problem was. "What?" she asks, still oblivious.

"Nevilles crying." Rosie points out, but in a whisper so he doesn't hear.

"Ok. And?" Malia says.

"You need to react when people cry." Rosie explains.

"I did. I rolled my eyes." Malia says.

Fred and George try not to laugh. "It's okay. You guys go. Have fun." Neville says, wiping his tears on his face.

"Yeah, lets go!" Malia smiles about to leave, but Ryan pulls her back.

"Maybe. If we figure out why Neville is crying. We can help him." Ryan suggests, more to Malia than anyone else.

"Oh, it's nothing really." Neville sniffles.

"It's okay Neville. You can tell us." Lee reassures.

"It's fine really. It's stupid." Neville insists.

"No problem is stupid." George reassures.

Neville repeats, "No its - "

"Ugh, can you just tell us." Malia complains.