Chapter 33 - Sir Luke

3rd Person POV

3rd Person POV.

Lucas is settling into school quite well. He is handsome and mysterious, so all the girls swoons over him. He is naturally gifted in sports and talented in magic which gained him more popularity with the other Slytherin people.

Unlike Malia, he is sociable and quite charming. He suits the popular jock, lady killer cliché. Malia and her friends think otherwise. They know the bad he's done and wants nothing to do with him.

Rosalie, being the nice person she is, wants Malia to be happy. The only way to do that is to get them to make up. She also refuses to see the bad in him.  

He stands outside waiting for Rosalie, smoking a cigarette. She approaches him and taps him on the shoulder. "You ready?"

"Yeah, let's go." Lucas says, taking a long swig of his cigarette.

"First things first. Lose the cigarette." Rosalie says.

"What?" Lucas asks.

"Smoking is bad for your lungs, it's medically proven. It's also bad for the environment. More the people around. So me." Rosalie explains.

"Alright." Lucas says, putting out his cigarette and chucking it in the trash. He kind of likes seeing her bossy side. It made him realise that his sister's friend had more of a backbone than he realised.

"Come." Rosalie smiles grabbing his hand. Lucas and Rosalie walk into town. It was a bit of awkward silence and then she decided to make some small talk.

"Nice weather we're having?" Rosalie smiles as Lucas looks at her strangely.

"Um, so what's your family like?" Rosalie asks, realising immediately that she probably shouldn't ask that.

"... Cultish." Lucas jokes.

"Right, I'm sorry." she apologises.

"It's fine." Lucas laughs.

"What was it like? Before you ran away." Rosie asks.

"... Leah doesn't tell you?" Lucas asks.

"Not really." Rosalie smiles.

"Right, I forgot she's a dick to you." Lucas says.

"Don't say that. She's lovely to me." Rosalie says.

"Sure." Lucas sighs. "Um, it was nice. My Mum, Evie. She would always play music, read us books and make us hot cocoa as we looked at the stars. She has this family recipe white chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate hot chocolate. Pinch of cinnamon. It's really good." 

Rosalie couldn't help but smile at the thought of tiny Lucas and Malia drinking hot chocolate and looking at the stars. "She would always try to cook. And see how I emphasise try... she was terrible, but Leah and I didn't have the heart to tell her so we would get Alfred to help us throw it away."