Chapter 4 - Alone Again

I think we're alone now
There doesn't seem to be anyone around
I think we're alone now
The beating of our hearts is the only sound

3rd Person POV.

Malia is sad knowing that the year is ending and that she won't be able to see all the new friends she has just made. She could never understand what the point of being sad is when you are going to see the same people again the next year. However, now that she actually have a reason to miss coming back and no reason to come home, she couldn't help but feel a bit sad.

The students are at the train station preparing to leave. Malia knows her Mum would be late picking her up so she decides to go with all her friends and say goodbye. Once they reached the station, they prepare to leave.

Percy waves Fred and George over as they talk to Malia, "Don't miss us too much." George says.

"Yeah, don't forget to write our address down. So we can send letters to each other. Don't forget to write at least once a week." Fred reminds.

"Stop smothering her!" Ginny says. "Bye Malia, see you next year." Ginny smiles waving before she left.

Malia smiles at her. "Seriously, though promise." Fred says sticking out his pinkie.

Malia wraps her pinkie around his and touched thumbs, "Pinkie promise."

"You should come live with us if you want, doubt Mum would mind having another girl in the house." George says.

"Malia's not a girl." Fred teases. "She's practically a boy."

"Like you would know anything about girls." Malia remarks.

George laughs, "She's right."

"Shut up." Fred says pushing George.

"Bye idiots." Malia smiles waving them off. They wave back as they prepare to leave.

"BYE LEAH!" Rosalie yells. Malia winces at the loudness of her voice and waves back weakly.

"Ryan!" Malia calls. Walking over to her friend.

Ryan asks, "Hey Malia, any plans for the holidays?"

"Stay home and bake cookies?" Malia jokes.

"You bake?" Ryan asks, confusingly.

"Yes.. why is that so shocking to you?" Malia asks.

"I just can't see you baking." Ryan admits.

"Why?" Malia asks.

"Because it requires patience, something you don't have?" Ryan jokes.

Malia playfully smacks Ryan, "Write to me ok?"

"Of course I will. You're my friend." Ryan smiles leaving. "See you later Alligator." Ryan smiles saluting her as he leaves.

"In a while Crocodile." Malia responds, saluting him back.

Malia then waits, watching all the students go home. Professor Flitwick walks by and keeps Malia company. They practice Charms while waiting for the car to come to pick Malia up. "Wingardium Leviosa!"Flitwick exclaims raising the rocks on the side of the street.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" she copies. 

"You must be my best student in Slytherin." he compliments.

"And you are my favourite Professor. But that's our secret." Malia winks, to which Flitwick laughs.

The car then pulls up. "Bye Professor!" Malia smiles getting in the car.

McGonagall appears beside Flitwick. "She's finally happy this year. I don't think I ever noticed her smile like that."