Chapter 16 - Hot Chocolate and Deep Talks

Fred's POV.

After visiting Ron, Georgie and I stay in our rooms just hanging out. We both then hear a loud knock on the door. "Not it." we both say. Sometimes I get really annoyed that we are so identical.

"Rock, paper scissors?" I recommend.

"Ok, go." George says.

"Rock, paper scissors, shoot!" we both say as we both use paper.

"Rock, paper scissors, shoot!" Another tie.

"What's that?" George asks pointing at my single finger.

"It's a stick of dynamite that I'm going to use if we throw the same one again." I threaten. 

George laughs. "Just go answer it. Your closer." George laughs.

"I'm going to answer as you tho. Play along won't ya." I wink.

I walk up to the door clearing my throat, "Hello, sorry. Fred and I were -" I stop talking as I see Malia with tears in her eyes. "Malia, are you ok?" George gets up on the bed staring at Malia.

"Malia." he softly says.

"Fred." she cries, tears streaming down her face.

"Malia, what happened?" I ask.

"Can you please say 'yes' to this?" she says. I nod immediately.

"Can you please give me a hug?" she cries. She then walks up to me and buries her face in my chest wrapping her arms around my waist. I then instinctively wrap my arms around her too. Her sweet smell of fruit and flowers is all I can smell. I rub her head with my hand and look over at George.

"Malia, what happened?" George asks.

"I met my Dad." Malia mumbles, her face still buried in my chest.

"What?" I say, holding her shoulder and pushing her out so I could look at her face and clear her clearer.

"Professor Lupin took me to meet my Dad. Out in the woods." she says.

"You mean your Dad..... the murderer." Geroge asks, increasingly getting angrier at the git of a professor that would do that. And I wholeheartedly agree.

"Apparently he didn't. But that's not what was important. He was telling me why he left my Mum and me." she cries taking a moment to sniffle. George stands up now and stands beside me. 

"He said it was because he was afraid of love. That he ran away because it was easier than getting hurt. He also didn't think he was good enough for her. That isn't even the worst part. The worst part is that.... I'm exactly like him." Malia confesses.