Chapter 17 - Home Sweet Home

Trigger warning - blood, fighting

3rd Person POV.

Malia spends her holidays alone in her room, trying to take up a new hobby. Her Mother promised to be home often and she was compared to the usual. It was nice to know she was making an effort at least. She however could not get off work on her birthday which Malia did not mind as much as she use to. She was turning sixteen and was more mature than last year.

Her Father and her wrote letters to each other during the holidays, talking about normal things like how life was before Azkaban, how life is now. Malia told them about each and every single one of her friends. Their pranks. The only problem was that Malia was keeping this a secret from Evelyn. Sirius said it would be better to keep it a secret for now.

Malia spent most of the day making waffles and baking. She then decided to take a nap, which she was woken up from due to loud whoosh. She rolls out of bed with messy hair and ruffled clothes. "Who is it?" Malia wondered walking outside to the living room.

"Surprise!" the twins say, dusting off the ashes from the fireplace.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" she asks. "And you're hair." she exclaims in disgust. Their hair was strangely long. Longer than she has ever seen them be.

"We're your birthday gifts." Fred explains.

"Courtesy of your Mum. She had us flown in. Well... floo networked in." George says.

"We didn't know you had a human butler. He's cool." Fred laughs.

"He's a house elf." Malia corrects.

Fred pauses, "....What?"

Alfred walks in carrying Fred and George's luggage. "Alfred, please take off your glamour." Malia insisted. He then changes back to the elf he is. 

"Woah." Fred and George exclaim.

He then changes back to a human. "I prefer it like this." he says.

"We found an elf that also prefers Muggle things." Malia smiles. "Thank you Alfred."

Malia gives Fred and George a house tour and they start to mess around. They run around exploring the whole house as Malia and Alfred could not catch up with them. Malia then sits by the piano and begins to play the piano.

"You can play?" Fred says, scaring Malia and making her slam a couple of keys by accident

"Geez guys." Malia says. "Yeah, I learnt when I was younger."

Fred and George insisted that Malia teach them how to play. After a couple of tries, they give up and sit on the floor of the music room. 

"Hows your boyfriend?"

"I don't want to talk about that." Malia replies. Truth was Cedric has written to her a couple of times but she was never bothered to write back. She is being a bad girlfriend and she didn't care.