Chapter 41 - The Yule Ball

Believe that magic worksDon't be afraidOf bein' hurtDon't let this magic dieThe answer's thereOh, just look in her eyes

Oh, just look in her eyes

3rd Person POV.

 "Hey guys." Malia smiles.

"Malia. Your dress. It's amazing." Angelina compliments.

"Thanks. Your dress is amazing too." Malia smiles.

"Malia. You're an absolute stunner." Lee exclaims.

"How did you get a dress so quick?" George asks.

"Oh, Lucas. He really came through for me." Malia smiles.

Fred continues to stay silent. He feels as though he was watching a angel descend from heaven. He couldn't believe he could ever like Malia more and it takes him by surprise that it is possible. "You okay Freddie." George whispers to Fred, nudging him slightly.

"Oh, yeah." Fred said, coming back to reality. "Leah, you -"

"Leah!" Harry calls.

"Bloody hell! You look amazing!" Ron exclaims.

"Harry, save a dance for me?" Malia says..

"Hello boys!" the Patil twins say. "Don't you look dashing." she says, looking Ron up and down. No, he does not.

"Oh, there you are Potter." Professor Mcgonagall says, walking over. She looks over at Malia and takes a moment. ".... Miss Pierce." 

"Yes, Professor." Malia responds.

McGonagall begins to stutter, "You look.... you look just like - "

"My Mother?" Malia finishes for her.

"I was going to say your Father dear." she smiles. She remembers dear Sirius. She loved him like she was her own son, especially knowing well his family problems. Seeing Malia there, reminded her of the old Marauder era days and it is enough to bring tears to her eyes.

"Oh, that's new." Malia whispers to herself.

Professor McGonagall composes herself, "Everyone inside now."

"Good luck Harry." Malia smiles walking into the hall with Ryan. 

They walk into the doors and look around. The hall is beautifully set up. Completely white but not dull and bland like sparkly snow everywhere. Like the whole castle is made of ice and snow began to fall. It is like being in a fairy tale.

They all then line up waiting for the champions to make their way in. All the champions walk in with their dates. Everyone cheers and claps. Malia then sees Hermione and Viktor Krum.

"Hermione! You look great!" Malia calls out. Hermione hears and waves as she walks past.

Professor Flitwick then commands the orchestra as the champions and their dates begin to dance. Dumbledore then grabs Mcgonagall's hand and joins in. Malia then sees Filch dancing with his cat and laughs. She then nudges George and Fred and points to Filch causing them all to laugh.