Chapter 12 - Cold

3rd Person POV

3rd Person POV.

"Can you tell me why we are out here again? With all these dementors around?" Ryan asks.

"Because we are going to find my dad. I'm going to ask him why he killed his friends and why he's been hiding around the school." Malia says.

"And why me?" Ryan asks.

"Because Rosalie annoys me, I'm not really talking to the twins and you love me." Malia answers.

Ryan pauses before answering, "...... I do, but still." Ryan and Malia continue walking for a bit.

"Why are you angry at the twins again?" Ryan asks.

"Because." Malia replies bluntly. She didn't really want to answer. She just wanted to find her Dad.

"Because?" Ryan repeats.

"Because I can't believe that they would think of me like that." Malia says.

Ryan reassures, "I'm sure they didn't mean it like that."

"They might as well have started those rumours about me." Malia says.

"Really? Cause I heard most of those rumours. I doubt they would say anything like that about you." Ryan points out.

"Well, they did. It sucks enough to hear strangers say it, sucks more coming from your so-called friends." Malia adds.

"I'm a Slytherin too. Trust me those rumours suck. I'm sure the twins don't realise that since they aren't from Slytherin?" Ryan points out. He made a good point, but Malia is still annoyed.

"They also hate Cedric." Malia sighs.

"That I don't have an excuse for." Ryan admits.

"I just don't get what their problem with him is." Malia complains.

"Well, maybe they're jealous?" Ryan suggests.

"Did you say jealous?" Malia asks, stopping in her tracks.

Ryan stops too. "Yeah. You were their friend first. Now you got me and Rosie and - "

"Not my friend." Malia points out.

"... And now you get a boyfriend and barely spend time with them." Ryan continues, ignoring her comment about Rosie.

"I'm not spending time with them because I'm ignoring them." Malia adds.

"You weren't ignoring them before that and they still told me they haven't seen you in a while." Ryan points out.

".... Well... I have been spending a lot of time with him." Malia admits.

"And that's normal. You guys are in a relationship. It happens." Ryan adds.

"Yeah. I guess so." Malia says.