Chapter 28 - DADA Class

3rd Person POV.

During Defence Against the Dark Arts

Moody enters the class limping to the front. "Put your books away." he yells.

Malia slides the book off her table and continues to listen. Lucas glares at her. "So you still aren't talking to me?"

Malia ignores him. "Back off. She doesn't want to talk to you." Ryan remarks.

"Oo, trouble in family life Pierce?" Phillip says.

"Ryan, why is there two annoying mosquitoes buzzing around me?" Malia asks.

"Quiet you four!" Moody yells.

"So — straight into it. Curses. They come in many strengths and forms. Now, according to the Ministry of Magic, I'm supposed to teach you countercurses and leave it at that. I'm not supposed to show you what illegal Dark curses look like until you're in the sixth year. You're not supposed to be old enough to deal with it till then."

"But Professor Dumbledore's got a higher opinion of your nerves, he reckons you can cope, and I say, the sooner you know what you're up against, the better. How are you supposed to defend yourself against something you've never seen? A wizard who's about to put an illegal curse on you isn't going to tell you what he's about to do. He's not going to do it nice and polite to your face. You need to be prepared."

Moody writes on the board not looking back. Isabella (portrayed by Jenna Ortega) raises her hand. "Yes Miss Morales?"

 "Is there a reason why we must learn Dark curses?" she asks.

"I can see that you are uncomfortable with the idea, if so I ask any one of you that doesn't have the stomach for it to leave the class now."

The Hufflepuff girl next to Isabella stands up, but she pulls her back down. "Well, may I continue." Moody says, finally turning back around.

"Anyone know any of the three unforgivable curses? Any of which will earn you a life sentence is Azkaban?" Moody asks.

Lucas raises his hand. "Crucio." he adds.

"Yes, well done Mister Pierce." Moody grins. "Pain." Moody says, he then uses his wand to take out a spider. 

"Mister Williams." he says. "Would you like to do the honours?"

Jackson, who is sitting next to Lucas, shakes his head. "Come on. Do it." he says. Jackson sighs and takes out his wand. 

"Crucio." he says. 

"Come on boy! You got to mean it!" he yells, slapping his back. 

"Crucio!" Jackson chants causing the spider to squirm. 

The class begins to squirm in sympathy for the poor creature being tortured. "Well done. Enough!" he yells.

Jackson places his wand down and stares at the creature. Probably feeling worse for it than he should. "Any others?"

"Miss Morales? Miss Chang? Miss Clarke? Miss Phan?" he asks.

Phillip raises his hand, "Ah, Mister Jones." Moody says.

"The Killing Curse." he replies. 

"Anyone know the chant."

Ryan raises his hand, "Avada Kedavra."

"Yes, well done Mister Miller." Moody says. "Now which one of you got the guts to do the spell correctly?"

Moody uses his wand to place one spider onto Phillip's desk and another onto Ryan's. "Use it."