Chapter 20 - The Quidditch World Cup

Trigger warning - violence

3rd Person POV.

A day or two before the Quidditch World Cup, Hermione arrives earlier than expected. The girls huddle up at the table in order to gossip. Molly likes having more girls in the house. It makes her feel like she has two extra daughters.

"So, how's you and Cedric?" Ginny asks. Malia stays silent.

"Trouble in paradise?" Molly asks, trying to make some sandwiches for everyone.

"It's just... perfect." Malia sighs sounding disappointed, despite using the word 'perfect'.

 Fred and George's ears perk up. They are surprised that there were problems since Malia never really says anything. Then again, they never really ask about that sort of thing. "You don't sound happy like everything's perfect." Hermione comments.

"I don't know how to feel about him." Malia says, piquing everyone's interest. "It's like there's nothing wrong. But I feel like it's all fake." Malia confesses.

"You're not being yourself?" Ginny asks.

"Yeah, like I'm supposed to be a doting girlfriend. With no issues and always happy and smiling." Malia admits. 

"Do you want to break up with him?" Hermione asks.

"This is better than my romance novels." Molly whispers to Arthur.

"No, but like I said everything's perfect. He's everything a man should be. A gentleman who makes me feel beautiful and does enough to keep me wanting more." Malia explains.

"Perfect? More like unreal." Fred whispers to the boys.

"Yeah, he's making us all look bad." George whispers too.

"Maybe 'cause you two don't know how to treat women right?" Ginny says.

"And you do?" Bill asks.

"I have a girlfriend." Percy reminds them.

"Really? Congratulations Perce." Charlie smiles.

"Hexed her probably." Fred corrects.

"More than you ever had." Percy glares. The twins didn't have a comeback. It was true, they never had a girlfriend before. Bill has had plenty and Charlie... has never really shown any interest in girls at all, but he probably has. He's a dragon tamer. That's hot in the wizarding world.

The twins were always more into pranks than girls. They definitely flirted any chance they got. But they never had a girlfriend. They always liked it like that, but was it true? They don't know how to treat women? They were too focused on the chase and thrill?

They all listen back to the girl's gossip. "That's the thing. What if I don't want perfect?" Malia says.

"Who doesn't want perfect?" Hermione asks. "There's nothing wrong with too perfect."