CHAPTER 35

Nicolas Pov

After Kayla left I went for a conference meeting, on my way back to the office, I went to the company's cafeteria to eat. I decided to call Kayla to see if she had gotten home, but she didn't pick up, I was starting to get worried so I called Chris, and he said Kayla was in the house, but my mind was not at ease, after all, that man was still out there. So I called Kayla a couple of times and she still didn't pick up. I quickly rushed to my office and on my way, I called James and Leo to tell them Kayla wasn't picking up, and they said they will call Megan and Anna to know whether they are at the house already. I got to my office and my computer was beeping which signified Kayla's tracking necklace. I took a look at my computer and I saw Kayla's location, she was moving. I shared the location with James and Leo, they told me Kayla and Anna are with the wedding planner at the house and they found her phone on her bed. James contacted the police department, but we ensured it didn't reach the news because we knew it was Cole and we can't have him slipping from our hands.

"I am on my way, you should get going with the police, I will meet you on the way," I said to James.

"Okay, Leo is here, but I told the girls to stay at the house," James said

"Good idea," I replied.

I called Daniel to tell him what happened, he wanted to come, but I told him to stay in school and we will get her, but I warned him to notice his surroundings in case someone was watching.

Cole Pov

"My darling daughter, welcome to the party, I have missed you. Your grandma is fine, I just gave her a little something to sleep" I said to Kayla. Poor girl, she wouldn't have been in this situation if she had chosen me and obeyed me.

"You psycho, how dare you do that to Nona ?, Your own mother?" Kayla said

I slapped her and she fell "You have no right to judge me, it's your father's fault. They always favored him and looked down on me. If only they had a little faith in me, all this wouldn't have happened. I was the better child and I always got good grades, but they never looked at me because Brandon was always sick and ill even after his surgery, they only favored him. But in the end, when I had a brilliant Idea to borrow money and build a company, I thought they would support me, but instead, they trashed me. When Brandon wanted to build a company they praised him and offered to help, but they didn't help me. Everything I had, he took from me. I saw Lily first, she was my friend first and I was supposed to marry her, but instead, she liked my twin Brother. I had to erase him from this earth, I had to erase all of them, but Instead, you decided to survive even though my mother refused to die, I kept her in a mental hospital. Now, where is the money I asked you to bring?" I asked Kayla when I finished telling my story, but I didn't hear any sound, I turned around and she was gone, but it didn't take long before my men brought her back.

"You thought you could run darling?" I asked, but she didn't reply. I then hit her on her head with my gun and she fell hitting her head on the chair which woke Nona up and Kayla was bleeding. I decided to pick the money bag, and I checked inside, but there was no money, I began to scream so loud and I started shooting my men, I almost shot Kayla in the head but I missed and shot her in her arm. I had to run because the police were there. How did they find me?

Nicolas Pov

We got to the place but they were a few guys there so James, Leo, and a few of the police handled them while I rushed with the rest of the police. We heard a scream coming from a small house and we rushed there. We started hearing gunshots and we ran fast to the house, we got to the house and we saw Cole was about to escape, but they caught him and I quickly ran to Kayla's body laying on the floor as blood rushed from her hand. We saw Nona tied to a chair and she looked shocked. We quickly rushed Kayla and Nona to the hospital, and Cole was taken to Jail but I made sure to beat him up first.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

We were waiting outside the hospital room for the doctor after checking up on Kayla. The doctor came out after a few minutes.

"Wow, your wife is very strong Mr. Knight?" The doctor said

"Thank you, is she going to be alright," I asked

"Yes, she will be fine, she is very healthy. I must say your baby too is very strong and healthy," the doctor said

"Baby!!" we all said in unison

"Kayla is having a baby?" I asked

"Oooops Surprise," The doctor said.

"I am going to be a father," I said with tears as everyone congratulated me.

"Your baby is one month, so no need to rush, Kayla hasn't been experiencing anything weird?" The doctor asked

'Well, she had been eating a lot lately" I said and everyone laughed

"Well congratulations, you can go and see her, she just woke up," The doctor said, and we all rushed to see her while I thanked the doctor.