CHAPTER 1

Kayla pov

"Kayla!! Come down here you insolent child, you are making your father late". Yep, that's my mother calling me. There Are different insults every day. My parents never favored me as their child because they wanted a boy, who will one day take over the family company but after I was born, my mother couldn't give birth again.

"I am coming mother", I said. Running down the stairs with my bag in my hands. It was after the holidays, we were going back to work so I am back to being my dad's secretary. I have been working for dad since the day I graduated college because I wasn't allowed to go anywhere till my dad finds a good suitor for the company and he was never going to give me anyways so I am stuck with them.

"good morning mom" I greeted her.

"What is so good about this morning, when you can't even do the right thing, leave!, your dad is waiting in the car," she said.

"bye mom," I said to her but instead I earned a hiss from her but it was nothing new because I have greater fear waiting for me in that car.

Getting to the car, I saw my furious dad on the phone, "that bitch is making me late, I should have just decided to leave but she doesn't even know her way and she might get lost". He said to whoever is on the other line. When he saw me coming he ended the call and said: " I have a meeting this morning and if I am late you will get it from me, missy." With that, we entered the car and he drove off.

In about twenty minutes we reached the company, thankful there was no traffic jam and he didn't miss his meeting, not that I care, I wasn't allowed to go to some meetings unless he asked me too.

We finally went our separate ways and I was able to breathe, getting into my office I heard a squeak and scream, I turned around not surprised to see my best friend running toward me and pulled me in a big hug.

"Anna, you are squeezing me" I choked.

" sorry Kayla, I am just so happy to see you after two months". She said happily. "yeah, I know but two months of horror to me," I told her.

"I can imagine," she said. so I see you are all wondering what happened for two months, so my parents shipped me to Canada not for business but to a language school and that was how I spent my holidays. but anyways I am back now.

Anna told me everything I missed while I was gone, even the fact that Nicolas Knight came to the company. I have had a crush on him since we were little but I never spoke to him once. I mean his father was a best friend to my father but Nicolas hardly came to our home. We even went to the same high school but we never spoke, basically because he was the most popular guy in school and I was just a girl in the crowd not like a nerd or something, just a girl who goes in and out of school. Although we did meet on company occasions and parties, we just greeted each other and passed by.

Just as Anna was done with all the gist, I began working on the files on my computer that dad sent me. As soon as I was done, anna and I decided to go eat lunch out but I decided to tell dad first, so I walked to his office and knocked, when I heard a low come in, I entered and saw dad working on his computer smiling like a boy who just received his favorite toy for a birthday present. He looked up and saw me.

"good afternoon sir, I was about to leave for lunch, I wanted to ask if you will need anything". I said in the best way trying not to ruin his mood. "no, I don't need anything but after lunch, I need you to go home and wash up and also dress nicely. We have guests for dinner". He said happily but I just nodded and left. I guess we will find out what he is so happy about soon enough.