CHAPTER 34

Kayla Pov

"Would you believe this boy saw me in the bathroom and still didn't tell me I was in the boy's bathroom....... I even saw his thing!!!!!!!! For crying out loud, and he wasn't afraid. It was when I began to pee some boy came out of the bathroom, and he shouted at me for coming to the boy's bathroom, but Nic here told him to back off that I was his girlfriend" I said laughing.

"Wait that's a good thing right?" Megan asked.
" That what I thought too, but then I took it too seriously, and I told Nic all about my crush on him and my fantasies, and you know how a drunk horny girl talks when she confesses her love right, she would always want some action, but I didn't even know what I was doing, but I wanted Nic so bad and he was so shocked by my actions. I was unbuttoning his shirt, and my hand was touching his crotch." I said out of embarrassment.

"I was enjoying the moment, and I wasn't terrified that she was horny or touching me because believe me if it was another guy, I would beating him to death, but I was terrified that my crush had a crush on me, and I didn't even know if it was her drunk self just talking and I also didn't want to have sex in the bathroom more or less with Kayla actual consent because she was drunk and didn't know what she was saying," Nic said and I smiled.

" Well...... to cut the story short, Nic pushed me away and carried me to a room in the bar and I was Knocked out. The next morning, I was in my room and Anna was beside me." I said as I finished the story.

"Wait, how did you get home? Did your Cole find out?" Megan asked

"Cole was on a business trip, it was Camille that was home and that woman won't even care if I died, but It was Nic who brought us home with Leo. Apparently, the front door was opened, and Agnes was home, but we didn't know we thought someone ordered an Uber and Agnes met us in front of the house." I said

"Wait, they brought us home?" Anna asked and I nodded.

"We told Agnes not to tell you guys anything if you don't remember how you got home," Nic said.

"The next day we all became strangers again," I said.

"Didn't it hurt to see Kayla Ignore you again after everything?" James asked

"It did, but I was happy she was okay, and that was all that mattered. Besides, if she had remembered she won't show her face to me ever again" Nic said.

"Awwwnn, I feel like crying. That is one romantic, embarrassing, and awkward moment altogether," Megan said, and we all laughed.

The rest of the night was filled with everyone telling their own story and I was so happy because for one day, I could forget all my problems, worries, and troubles, and it's all thanks to Nicolas. The most awesome thing is I was getting married to the man of my dreams.

Nicolas Pov

Everyone left after Kayla fell asleep, she was so happy tonight and I was so happy to see her smile brightly. She was my light and happiness and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I felt like the luckiest and happiest man alive.

I carried Kayla up to our room and We cuddled each other to sleep.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It was three weeks to our wedding, Kayla and the girls had been meeting with the event planner and mom but she had also been coming to the office and I told her not to worry. Our search for her grandmother is still going on, and we have had different leads, but it wasn't the right one. Cole is a smart man, but he is not wise. That is what I know but one thing I am sure of is that he would want to come after Kayla which is why I tightened the security around her.

"Kayla, can you come to my office?" I called through the intercom.

"On my way," Kayla said.

In less than 30 seconds Kayla was in my office.

"Hey baby girl," I said

"Hey soon-to-be-husband," Kayla said, and I laughed and kissed her.

"I like the sound of that," I said smiling, and Kayla blushed

"What time would you leave today?" I asked

"Right now," Kayla said as she checked her watch.

"Can't you stay with me and cancel the appointment or let Megan handle it?"I pouted like a baby.

"Nic, we always have all the time in the house and here in the office," Kayla said

"Fine, I will meet you in the house," I said to her and she kissed me before leaving. I made sure I watched her go with Chris. He was her bodyguard and driver.

Kayla Pov

I got home and prepared to meet the event planner. After preparing something we could all eat, I went to take a bath. As soon as I came out of the shower my phone rang, thinking it was the event planner I picked up without looking at the Id caller.

"I am surprised you picked, My darling daughter" Cole said that was when I looked at the caller and saw it was an unknown number.

"I am not your daughter, bye Cole," I said as I hung up. I was about to call Nic, and tell him what just happened when I received a message. I opened it and it was a picture of my grandmother with a gun pointing at her head. The same number called back again.

"Now Kayla, if you want your grandmother alive and well, you will do what I say," Cole said.

"What do you want?" I asked

"It's simple, bring me 1 billion," Cole said

"What!, Cole where do you want me to get one billion from," I said

"Don't try and act smart Kayla, bring me that 1 billion if not, Nona dies" Cole said

"I will, I will, where should I meet you," I asked.

"Now I have people watching you, so come alone, I will have my men following you" Cole said.

"Okay fine," I said.

I quickly got changed into my sweat pants and just any tops, I decided to walk into my closet to change because he could be watching me from any open place, and I used that opportunity to turn on the tracker on my necklace and hid it in my clothes.

"I was about to leave when I got another message that said " Drop your phone" so I left my phone on my bed and sneaked out of the house so no security would see me.

I got to the bank where Nic and I invested our money and I took 1 billion from there because I knew it would send Nic a notification. As soon as I left the place there was a car waiting outside, a guy walked up to me and told me to get in and I did as I was told.

A few hours later we got to a small warehouse and I got in and came face to face with Cole.