CHAPTER 12

James pov

After talking with Nicolas, I decided to contact some friends to research more about the Argents. Then I went back to talking to her, Anna-Lisa, she is so amazing but I have never met her before although I know what she looks like, we met on Instagram, and I instantly liked her but I try not to get too attached to her, but when I get back to Chicago, we will meet up. I decided to text her

"Are you asleep?" I asked

"No, I was actually thinking of calling you," she said

"Oh cool, hold on let me call you, do you want to video call or just audio?" I asked deeply, wishing she would say video because I wanted to see her face again.

"Video calls would be better," she said and I was extremely happy. Who knew that a long-distance relationship would look like this. What am I saying we are not even in a relationship. We are just two amazing friends for now.

We decided to face time and we talked about a lot of things, and I found out she works as an accountant. I forgot to ask her the company she works at, but I had fun talking to her. I decided to go to sleep because I had to wake up early tomorrow.

Kayla pov

I started working with Nicolas today and so far things have gone well, I think it is because I have always been a secretary for as long as I can remember so there are no new things. Although I notice that most women here are always falling at Nicolas feet which does not make me surprised because it has always been like this since high school.

"Kayla, can you check if I have any other meetings today?" Nicolas said from the intercom

"Yes sir" I responded.

"Also can you print out the files I am sending to you and bring them to my office?" he said.

"Yes sir, I am on my way, do you need me to bring any other thing," I asked

"No, Miss. Argent, thank you" he replied.

He ended the call, and I decided to go print out the files he sent me and I went straight to his office, which was not far from mine. I knocked and I heard him tell me to come in.

"Mr. Knight, I checked your schedule but you don't have any other meetings today but you have a woman named Cherry coming to see you today," I said dropping the files on his desk and wondering why he had such information on his schedule.

"Oh yes, I should warn you about why I put it on the schedule, she is not allowed to come into this building but somehow she finds her way in, but if that happens, notify me," he said.

Although I wanted to ask more about the woman, I figured it would be better if I minded my business. I was out for a second before I realized Nicolas was talking to me.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked, feeling embarrassed.

Then he stood up and stood in front of me, too close

"I need to go meet up with my dad with some other business people, can you run the company while I am gone?" he asked.

"Of course," I said, literally blushing

"Oh, and when I get back we can have lunch," he said moving closer

"No worries, I can just get Lunch from downstairs," I said as I got nervous

"Sweetheart, I wasn't asking, you are going with me. Some of these people are weird meaning I can't leave you alone, and it's your punishment for spacing out". He said with a kiss to my cheek as he left the office leaving me speechless.

I was feeling too hot when I kept replaying what happened in my head, I didn't even realize my phone was ringing till it fell off the table. I decided to take off my jacket since I had a sleeveless top I was wearing underneath.

I picked up the call and I heard Anna rambling on the phone.

"So, how is your first day?, have you gone inside the office?, oh I am so happy about this Saturday?, FYI, I have news of my own......." Anna rambles

"Anna, calm down, I am kind of free, you can talk slowly, girl you are rambling," I said.

"Sorry I am Just so excited but how is your first day," Anna said.

"So far it has been exciting too, I have a lot to tell you but when we meet this Saturday I will tell you all about it but to put you in suspense, I am having lunch with Nic," I told her. I knew If we were still working in the same place she would have rushed to me and told me to give her every detail but I like it when she gets annoyed and besides she did it to me too.

"Aww come on, I was really starting to get excited, Kayla if I was not so busy here, I would have rushed down there and told you to spill but I have to go now your dad just got back from a meeting and he is calling all workers together. See you on Saturday" Anna said kind of whining.

As I got off the call, I could hear the noise in the hall so I picked up my jacket and followed where the noise was coming from. Lo and behold, I saw Cherry. She was making a huge mess about seeing Nicolas, and the security guard didn't let her through. I walked towards them, and they all stopped as they saw me coming.

"Who the hell are you? Oh, you must be the new whore." Cherry said in her annoying little voice.

"You do know, you are at a company where I can kick you out on the street, so I ask that you should maintain yourself and use appropriate words," I said to her and that pretty much kept her shut.

"Why don't you wait in the lobby for Mr. Knight? when he returns he will speak to you, " I told her knowing well he doesn't come through those doors. He has an elevator from the back that goes straight into his office, and it is only people who work on his floor that knows that. After the whole chaos, I went back to the office to text Nicolas, and he told me he would take a little bit longer.

Before Nicolas came back, Cherry had gone saying she will catch him next time, it kept bothering me, I wanted to know their story. It was getting late, I wonder where Nicolas had gone.