CHAPTER 2

I finally got home after lunch with Anna and I met mum preparing dinner and she was doing a lot, I decided to go help her with some stuff in the kitchen to help her finish up in order for her to also freshen up because my guesses are that the people coming are very important. Obviously I greeted her but in reply, she gave me the sausages to fry and apples for the apple pie. She was almost done and that was all that was left to do so she left me to finish up.

After an hour, dad came back and I was done with all I was doing including setting up the table with Agnes, she is the caretaker of the house and also someone that took care of me since I was little, so she is like a mother to me, whenever I was sad or I cry or I had a bad day, she will always be there to cheer me up. She is the only person who knows me inside and out. Agnes is married and has twin girls, Clarisse and Leonora but they left for college already but her husband is late but she still lives on and she is the strongest woman I know. Thinking of all the things she has done for me she is the best mother and friend anyone could ask for.

I was brought back to reality when I heard my name being called by dad so I quickly hurried to answer. 'Kayla, what have you been doing? Go and get dressed, the guest would be here any moment from now' he said. I quickly rush to my room to pick a dress. I finally found the dress I wanted; it was a black dress I bought while shopping with Anna, I loved it so I bought it and it wasn't expensive.

I went to wash up and I dried my hair and curled it a little in order to show the mixture of my hair because I have dark brown hair with a mixture of light brown ones too and they were really unique that was what most people pointed out in me when they saw me. I don't know how I got it because I was born naturally with them and my mum is blond and dad had black hair, so I am guessing somewhere in the family generation.

I heard the bell and our visitors come in, I decided to go natural because am not really a fan of makeup although I do light makeup, not often, then I slipped in my dress and wore my heels and added little lipstick and I was done then I head downstairs and am very sure mum and dad would be angry.

...............................................................................................................................................................

Hey! I know this chapter is short