CHAPTER 8

Nicolas pov

"Hey James, I have a job for you. I need you to look into the Argents for me. Get me any information on the family including relatives." I asked him

"I got you," James said

James and I met when I did a study abroad program in Italy. He was the only good friend that didn't like me for my money and he was the smartest and fastest guy I ever knew. Leo also met him and liked the guy instantly so we all decided to work together and be partners. I know what you are thinking but right now James is on a travel mission, he is one of the keys to my company's success and he doesn't like being idle or sitting in one place.

After I finished talking to James I got a call from Cole agreeing to the contract. I was not surprised he agreed to the contract but that was fast, he must really want to get rid of her.

Kayla pov

I woke up the next day feeling the pain on my cheek, I looked in the mirror and I could see the marks of mom hand on my cheek so I decided to take a shower and cover it with makeup although I still felt it would be obvious considering the facts that I don't wear makeup, I don't think I would be going out today because Dad said he didn't need me. I decided to go downstairs to find something to eat more like a drink because I wasn't feeling hungry. I thought mom would have gone out but considering I am at home, she decided to stay and make my life miserable. I entered the kitchen and met mum talking to Agnes.

"Good morning mom," I said as I walked in

"It is indeed a beautiful morning considering the fact that today is the last day I will see your face in my house" mom replied

I was quite confused and looked at Agnes then my mother spoke

"Oh my child, don't worry, I will just tell you a little secret" mom said and she walked closer. "You see we sold you off, although I don't like that you are going to a rich man's house he offered us a huge sum of money, how could we say no to that, I am so sorry dear," my mother said laughing. I just stood there shocked at what I heard; I mean whose parents sell their child or children for money. "Oh I forgot I tiny detail, Agnes is going back, I mean since you are leaving there is no use for her here and start packing your things, by the time your father comes your new owner is coming, oh I am so annoyed; why do they even want you." mom said as she left the kitchen. I started wondering who actually bought me.

After talking to Agnes and telling her goodbye, I went ahead to call Anna, who was shocked and rushed over since it was her off day from work. Mom didn't know Anna was here though, she never let my friends' visit which is why Anna had to come in through the Window or we did meet somewhere.

"So you are telling me that your parent sold you out," Anna said in shock

"Yep, I mean I was as shocked before but then I was not surprised but I am kind of scared," I said to her

"Why?" she asked

"I don't know if she sold me to a good person, for all I know I have never heard of being sold and the person will treat you right," I said scared.

"Look, if it's someone you don't like, you can plan a runaway," Anna said and the only thing I could do was laugh and she looked at me as if I had twelve head.

I finished packing before my dad came home and Anna left when I was done packing, she was of huge help and I am going to miss her, I hope my buyer would let me see my friends. I looked out of the window and noticed it was dark already.

I went downstairs to talk to dad but he told me to go get my things, and the person taking me is here. I heard the doorbell after I got my box and bag. I decided to get the doorbell and I was shocked to see who my buyer was.

................................................................................................................................................................

What do you think you will do if you were Kayla?

This is epic, I wonder what she is thinking.

Next chapter will be coming soon,  Do not forget to vote and comment.