CHAPTER 14

Kayla pov

It was the weekend, and I have been avoiding Nicolas since our streamy night, and believe me it was hard, and I am pretty sure Agnes noticed it, but she didn't say anything. Even in the office when he sends for me, I make sure to make everything professional or give an excuse to leave. I know that it hurts him, but I was confused and believe me I like the kiss no, I loved that kiss and I will love to do it again and again and sometimes I wish it didn't end but I couldn't, everything was stopping me, and I keep receiving threat messages. I didn't know who it was from and I couldn't tell Nicolas. That's why I decided to really talk to Annalisa today, and we were going grocery shopping today.

I was getting dressed when I heard the doorbell and I am pretty sure it was Anna because she told me she will be here in five minutes and she sticks to time.

"Kayla!!!!!!!" Anna screamed my name, I was so thankful Nicolas was not home, he said he was working today and wouldn't need anything. "Damn, this house is fucking gorgeous," Anna said as she saw me coming down the stairs.

"Yeah, you should see my room," I told her

"Okay, but first where Agnes is, I need to greet mama," Anna said. Agnes was also Anna's favorite in everything, when we were little, and my parents were home and didn't let me see anyone, Agnes would sneak Anna into my room and sneak her out. When my parents were not home she would teach us both to cook. Anna was adopted when she was little, but she moved out when she started working in my dad's company. Anna's adopted parents were super-rich, but she didn't collect things from them because she wanted to gain her own money, but she usually went to visit them all the time. She wasn't their only child though, she had two little sisters and an older brother, who is married.

"Agnes, I finally get to see you and Kayla without sneaking in," Anna said, and that caused us to laugh. Agnes, Anna, and I chatted for a little while before we left for grocery shopping.

"So what are we getting?" anna asked

"This is the list" I gave her

"Wow this is a lot, so are you going to tell me what I want to know, or are going to keep stalling?" Anna asked, and I smiled because she really knew how to read people.

"Fine, but after shopping," I said.

"Okay," she replied.

We have been shopping for three hours now, and that is because Anna decided to go to the mall after grocery shopping. After we paid for the things we bought, we decided to go for lunch. We went to subway and stood on the line till it was our turn.

"What would you be having today?" A boy with brown hair and eye said as he smiled

"Two Chipotle southwest steak and cheese with two large cups of lemonade please," I said.

"Coming right up," he said and we went to sit and we waited for our food.

"So............. What happened?" Anna asked

"Is It that obvious?" I asked

"Well, you didn't give the waiter a second look", she said as she smiled

"We kissed and it was so intense, and I liked it, but I have been avoiding him, and I don't have any explanation except for the fact that I am scared, Maybe I will just be like one of his fuck girls or something,". I was frustrated. I blabbed everything out, and before I could say anything our numbers were called so we could pick our food.

"Girl, he kissed you, and you kissed him back, and you come here saying you don't want to be his fuck girl, like anything actually happened, If he wanted you to be his fuck girl, he would have done that since we were in high school or the minute you set foot in his house," Anna said.

"You are right," I said

"Give him a chance or at least talk to him, what could go wrong?"Anna said excitedly.

"Fine, what about you and James?" I said as I teased her about her mysterious lover boy, and she giggled like a small child.

"He will be coming to Chicago soon," she said smiling.

The rest of the day went by talking about our man, that felt nice to say. I told her what happened at the office, and we just kept talking like that until I received a call from Nicolas.

"Hey Princess, are you home?" as he said that I was shocked, another pet name.

"No, I was actually getting something to eat with Anna then we will get going" I replied.

"Sure, I am going to pick up my sister from the airport, and we will be home, I just wanted to let you know she will be staying for a while," He said. I found it charming that he wanted to let me know things, and he didn't want me to be surprised by any guest of his.

"Oh that's nice we could prepare something for her., thanks for telling me," I said

"Of course princess," he said, and I blushed.

"Who was that?" Anna asked

"Nic's sister is coming over to stay for some time, I think she has business her," I told her

"Wait, Nicolas has a sister, how come we never knew," Anna asked

"Well, we are going to find out," I told her, and we left the subway and drove home.

As we got into the house, we heard some laughter and chatting. We got to the main living room, and we were greeted by a glorious beauty. She ran to Anna and I when she saw us.

"Omg, You must be Kayla, and you are Anna, Hi! I am Megan in flesh and blood" she said so cheerfully. I couldn't help but smile.

"Hey, It's nice to finally meet you." I didn't really know what to say because I didn't know her.

"It's nice to see you, Megan, I didn't know Nicolas had a sister, a beautiful one." Anna chipped in, saving my ass from embarrassment. I can say Anna can be quiet forward at any time, no beating around the bush. As for me, well I do it when I feel like it is needed.

"Yeah, we are not blood-related actually, I was adopted, and I didn't really like staying in Chicago, so I moved to stay with Grandma in Minnesota, That's where I grew up" Megan explained.

"Well I am glad to finally meet you," I said to her.

"Me too, I have heard so much about you from Nicolas,  you also went to his school, he liked...." Megan said but she was interrupted by Nicolas "Liked talking about his friends"

"We were not really friends," I said.

"Nope, you just never talked to me," Nicolas said.

"What do you want me to say to the most egoistic guy in the school? Oh hey, I am Kayla, the girl who has had a crush on you in like forever." I said trying to sound sarcastic, and by the time I realized what I just said, I traced to my room.

"Oh this should be fun" I heard someone say from downstairs, and I an m very sure it was Anna.