CHAPTER 15

Megan Pov

I was so excited to meet Kayla and Anna. They looked happy and surprised to see me too. I asked Anna to stay over because of what happened tonight. My brother however is still star-struck by what he heard and has been hovering around for more than an hour. While Kayla has locked herself in the room and didn't let anyone come in. Although Anna has been standing at her door for hours now trying to get her to open the door.

"Are you not going to do anything?" I asked Nicolas

"I don't know what to do, I am thinking," Nicolas said.

"You boys really do not understand, do you? Kayla just confessed her feelings to you, and you are behaving like a big moron."I told him angrily

"As a Matter of fact, we haven't been talking to each other for some time now, and I thought it was because our relationship was one-sided but now I realize we have feelings for each other. I am confused about why she has been ignoring me." Nicolas said.

"Nicolas, don't give me half of the story, what did you do for her to start ignoring you in the first place?" I asked

"We kissed," Nicolas said, smiling like he had won some lottery. I couldn't help but laugh

"Maybe you are a horrible kisser," I said laughing hard.

"Stop it, that's not true," he said angrily

"It was because she thought you would play with her feelings and she thought she would be one of those other girls in high school," Anna said as she came down.

"I would never do that to her," Nicolas said.

"Then you got to tell her," I told him while anna sigh

" Well, I am going to bed, come Anna I will show you your room," I told her.

"Good night," Nicolas said

"Good Night big brother" I replied

"Good Night, Nicolas," Anna said.

Nicolas Pov

I needed to talk to her but I know she won't let me in now so I will give her space. I went to my room and Immediately James called me.

"Hey bro, what's up?"

"Wow, is that how happy you are to hear from me, I expected more," He said sarcastically

"Sorry bro, It's been a rough night," I told him.

"Well, I am about to make your day, I found out something about the Argents," He said

"Really, what's up?" I asked.

"So, after I received the password from you, I couldn't find anything and it was like they have buried everything to no end but then I found out that Kayla's grandmother is alive and she is there in Chicago, in a mental hospital. So, I am coming to Chicago this week to continue the Investigation and to finally meet my girl of course." James said- he was happier to meet his mystery girl also known as Anna-Lisa. I know everything but I can't spoil the fun, so I said nothing.

"Okay call me when you are coming, I will set a room for you," I said

"I am going to be staying at leo's, and besides I heard you have company, I don't want to get in the way of you two lovebirds," James said, making me smile.

"Thanks, bro, I will meet you at Leo's so we all can catch up," I said.

After talking to James, I couldn't stop thinking of what he told me, and I wanted to know if Kayla knew about her grandmother. As soon as I thought of Kayla again, I couldn't get her out of my head. I decided to go down and get something to drink.

I took out the glass of milk and poured myself a cup. I stood near the window of the kitchen thinking when I heard someone say.

"You are at it again. What are you thinking about this time?" I turned around to find Agnes. "You do know it two in the morning right?" she said.

"Good Morning Agnes, sorry if I disturbed you," I said apologetically.

"Boy, you didn't disturb me. I was talking to my daughters, they called this morning". Agnes said.

"That's right, they are about to be seniors in college. Wow," I said. Remembering the first time I met those girls when they were so little.

"So are you going to tell me what's on your mind or are you going to beat around the bush?" Agnes asked, and I knew I had to tell her today or another. So I decided to tell her because she is the only motherly figure right here.

I sigh, and said, "Agnes, do you think I am right for Kayla, cause I am scared I will hurt her, and she will realize I am not good enough."

"I have known you all my life Nic, I know you had a lot of girls in high school and college but one thing I know is that you treat them all right, and the fact that you are still a virgin, boy that is hard to find and a big deal". Agnes said and I was beyond surprised.

"How, when, how did you know I am a virgin, Jesus christ, Have you been watching me?" Omg I had to ask, but Agnes smiled

"I see the way to act boy, and you may be cocky, and all, but you are very terrible at hiding things, I know everything you know, even about finding the truth about Kayla's real parents." Agnes smiled. I was beyond surprised.

"Nicolas, listen to your heart, and not that big head of yours that is full of business. If you really like her then overcome your fears, treat her nicely, and listen to her, and just a little tip, Kayla never gets angry at you, she's just insecure, and I think you know why." Agnes said.

"Yes I certainly do," I said.

"Oh, yes, and Kayla is a little stubborn, she will push you, and Ignore you but, please don't give up on her, she has been through a lot," Agnes said, and I nodded.

"Now go to bed and get some rest, we have a big week ahead of us," Agnes said.

"Thank you," I said smiling as I left the kitchen to my room.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It's Sunday, and we were at the pool, Leonardo came over because his girlfriend who is my sister is back, although Kayla was not still talking to me no matter how I tried, I decided to just go back inside, and occupy myself with work. I was still trying to find out what hospital they would have put Kayla's Grandmother but there was nothing. I wanted to ask Kayla, but with the whole situation I couldn't, and I also didn't want to sound creepy. So I asked Megan to help me. As I continued my research I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said

"Hey bro, Megan said I should give you this" Leo said

It was Megan's phone, and a small paper that said "recording 007"

"Thanks, bro, hey hmmm... how is she?" I had to ask, I missed talking to her.

"Who? Megan, she is fantastic" Leo said clearly making fun of me and I glared

"Sorry bro, she is fine actually, just having fun, you know you can always watch her from your window," Leo said laughing.

"Whatever," I said and he left laughing.

The rest of the day flew by, and I decided to take Leo's stupid advice and watch her through the window. I sent the recording to James and kept a copy while deleting the one on Megan's phone.