CHAPTER 17

James pov

Leo and I got home, I decided to go see Anna since she sent me her address before, just in case I was coming and she couldn't come to get me but now I can surprise her.

"Hey Leo, I will be back soon just need to go check up on my girl". I told him

"Your girl, Anna, damn I need to meet her, I need to know who got you to leave the house by this time, It's good bro but by any chance is your Girlfriend Annalisa Mont?" He asked and I was surprised he knew her.

"Yes, How do you know her?" I asked

"Damn bro, Your girlfriend is Nicolas girlfriend or soon to be girlfriend, and sister best friend," he said, and I was surprised

"What?, but I showed Nic her picture and I told him her name but he said he didn't know her," I said and Leo laughed.

"You have been played bro, Nic played you well, I am sure he planned it," Leo said and I couldn't help but laugh.

"He got me good, this time, alright I will be going, don't wait up" I laughed.

"Sure, oh use protection" Leo shouted, and I glared at him before leaving.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It didn't take long to get to Anna's house and I really hoped she wasn't sleeping. I got to her door and I could smell the food she was cooking and that made me smile, thank God I brought flowers and wine. As I knocked I heard her sweet voice and she opened the door and screamed when she saw me.

"OMG, you are here, Omgggg," she said and I could see she was both surprised and excited.

"These are for you" I gave her the flowers as I walked into her apartment.

"Thank you, Omg, I hope I am not dreaming cause I don't want to wake up," she said and I laughed.

"No you are not dreaming," I told her.

"You came just in time for food, I just made rice with vegetables, and Green beans casserole," She said.

"Well, I brought wine," I said, raising the wine, and she smiled.

she walked back to the Kitchen, while I watched her as I helped her set the table.

"How was the flight and how did you find your way?" she asked, I didn't know if it was right to tell her, but she was my girlfriend after all and we are talking about her best friend in danger so I told her everything.

We were already eating by the time I finished telling the story, and her face was all serious. I could see that she really cared for Kayla.

"Can I follow you to Nicolas house tomorrow, I will need a ride. I can't believe I work for that evil man, how can he live with himself after all he has done?" She said.

"Yea, I will come to pick you, I am so sorry," I told her.

"I will be turning in my resignation letter on Monday because I have to receive my paycheck in the Morning," She said.

"I can ask Nic to let you work at his company, I am sure he will be happy to help," I told her, but she refused.

"I know you can help, but I can just apply and do an interview, and besides it would be better for the company so people won't start gossiping," she said, and I knew how much she hated that.

"Sure," I said.

"You don't like vegetables do you?" she asked and I smiled

"I am so sorry, I get picky with vegetables" I apologized.

"It's fine, My older brother is like that, I'm used to it," she said laughing, I couldn't help, but smile.

The rest of the night went by quickly, and It was time for me to leave.

"You really can't stay the night, it dark outside already," Anna said

"I will be fine, I have my car and Leo gave me a spare key, and besides, If I stay I don't think I will be able to control myself," I said to her, and that pretty much told her I should leave, but I kissed her before leaving, and it was a really long kiss.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I got to Leo's house and well enough he was still playing Fortnite with someone on the other line.

"He is back from his girllllll, I thought he was going to spend the night". Leo said to the other person on the line, and I knew too well that it was Nic cause he is the only one who could beat Leo at Fortnite.

"Yea, whatever, I can see Nic is still beating your ass at Fortnite," I said laughing

"Shut Up And join the game," Leo said, and I could hear Nic laugh from the other line.

"Hey Nic, how is your girl?" I asked.

"She is right here actually, but she is sleeping," he said.

"Damn, bro you already got her to bed, that was fast," Leo said, and I gave him a knock.

"Get your head out of the gutter," I told Leo.

"Actually she wanted to stay with me, and I couldn't be happier," Nic said and could feel him smiling, and looking at her.

Nic hardly laughed or smiled except he was with us, or his family, or with Kayla. Even the sound of her name made him laugh. I always wondered who Kayla was because we all used to tease him in college, but when I saw her today, and the way he treated her, I knew he loved her and would do anything to protect her, and that was the same feeling I had towards Anna, even Leo too, he was a ladies man but since he started dating Megan, he never stopped talking about her even when they were far from each other, I could see that he cared, and loved her. That night was so special to all of us, and it was one of the best nights, and I made the decision to live with my friends here in Chicago.

..........................................................................................................................................................

What are your thoughts about James? should he stay? 

What do you think of Anna and James' relationship? I really love the trio, and I hope you do. 

Do not forget to vote and comment, Thank you 😊