CHAPTER 32

Nicolas Pov

She looked breathless tonight, I couldn't take my eyes off her, she was perfect. It was already time for the count down, and we all went to the ballroom. Then the countdown began "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1........ Happy New Year," everyone said in unison, and there were fireworks in the sky, it was the perfect time for proposal as I planned. It took a minute before Kayla registered her surroundings, but when she realized what was going on she was in tears, and she even looked beautiful when she cried. When she faced me, I was on one knee, and I said as I brought out the ring " "Kayla Antonia Argent, my three-second heartbeat....." I said, and everyone laughed. "The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew you were the one because you left me breathless, and I found a reason to live again. A lot has happened, and we have faced it together, this is how I know that no matter the challenges we face, we will face them together. I ask you today on this beautiful New Year, Kayla Antonia Argent, will you Marry me?" I asked, and boy was I nervous. I was turned on and nervous, how can someone make you feel this way?

Then Kayla began saying as she smiled

"My father's house was a nightmare; your house is a dream. But I want something in between" Kayla said

"Tell me what you want, I can make it right," Nicolas said.

"I want you, Nicolas Asher Knight, you have given me everything I needed, you took me, my burden, and my scars, and you protected and loved me. I love you for who you are, and the man you've become, so yes Nicolas Asher Knight, I will Marry you," Kayla said crying and smiling. I slipped the ring in my finger and lifted her. Everyone around us started clapping and my parents, friends, and family came over to congratulate us.

"You did it, son," My father said as he approached us

"I learned from the best," I said to my father.

"You really did because you looked so nervous like your father," Mom said

"Was it that obvious?" I asked, and everyone laughed.

"It was cute big brother, never thought I would see you want to poop in your pants," Megan said

"Shut-up Megan," I said and everyone laughed.

"Kayla, take care of this big baby," Leo said

"Of course," Kayla said

"Omggg, you are finally getting married," Anna said

"So you all knew?" Kayla asked.

"Duh, we were in on it all, we just needed to distract you so you won't suspect a thing," Megan said, and Kayla Laughed.

"Well, you didn't have to try too hard tho" Kayla said

"Oh we didn't, Nicolas said the same thing," James said.

"He knows me well," Kayla said.

As everyone was talking to each other, and ready to go get something to eat, I slipped Kayla out of the ballroom to the balcony.

"It's such a beautiful night?" Kayla said

"This site is more beautiful," I said while staring at Kayla and she blushed. "I love you, Kayla Argent"

"I love you too my Knight in Shining Armor," Kayla said, and I hugged her from her back while we looked at the stars together.

The rest of the night went by, and everyone began to leave. Megan and Anna-Lisa went to spend the night with Leo and James leaving us the night to ourselves.

"Both of you have grown to be such wonderful kids, and I am so glad," Agnes said as she came out with her boxes which made us confused.

"Agnes, where are you off to?" I was confused.

"You silly children, I can't stay with you forever, and besides I know Kayla would love to start cooking for you, and my children got me a new place to stay, don't worry it not going to be lonely, the girls are also staying with me," Agnes said

"We are going to miss you, Agnes, thank you for everything," Kayla said.

"Your parents will be so proud of you, Kayla and when you find Nona, let me know. We have some catching up to do" Agnes said

"You knew my real parents?" Kayla asked.

"Everyone knew, we were not just sure if you were really the daughter or If you were Cole's daughter, but when I found out you were Brandon and lily's child, Cole threatened to kill me so I couldn't say anything," Agnes said as she was in tears.

"Thank you so much, Agnes, I know what you have been through," Kayla said

"Let me tell one of the drivers to take you home, and we will come around to visit," Nicolas said and Agnes agreed. We greeted her farewell as she left.

As the night went by Kayla, and I started talking about our funny past, and the things we have done for a friend, and how high school was. It was so fun talking to Kayla and learning things from her view. We decided to go upstairs and watch a movie, but when we got up the stairs, things took a turn. We began kissing, and it became so hot and passionate, it was filled with need, love, and wants. Tonight I wanted Kayla, and I want her forever.

Kayla Pov

The kiss was intense and passionate, it was filled with everything; wants, needs, love, you name it, and tonight I was going to get all of him, tonight I was going to give myself to Nicolas Asher Knight, and I could feel the same energy from him. I couldn't get enough of him, I was tired and sore, but I didn't care. I didn't want to sleep. I wanted the ache; I wanted him in me, all the time. I got on top of him. I'd never done it before. I couldn't really believe it; I was doing this. I held him and put him in. He felt deeper in me. I'll never forget it. I was in charge, and he liked it. His strong, and gentle hands began to stroke me, his hands, his lips, his tongue. I pressed him hard against me. This night was really a night to remember, we made love.

"I love you," Nicolas said before I finally drifted off to sleep in his arms smiling.