CHAPTER 13

Kayla pov

I felt something moving, and it came to a stop. My first thought was that I was kidnapped, and I was in a moving truck, but it felt too comfortable. The person at the driver side got down and came over to my side, I acted as if I didn't know as I prepared to fight, as the driver opened I prepared to run not even looking back, and then I heard my name as I got to a familiar gate.

"Kayla! Wait" a familiar voice said, I turned around and realized it was Nicolas, I was safe.

"Why are you running?" he said with a little chuckle, I felt embarrassed.

"Nothing, I was just doing exercise, you know to straighten my legs," I said as I tried to stretch.

"Right, don't worry I won't allow anyone to take you from me," he said, making me blush.

We got inside the house and we were greeted by Agnes. I was so happy to see her again after a long day.

"I prepared a bath for the both of you, In your rooms of course," she said and we laughed.

"What? You grown up these days take everything as something nasty, what can I say?" she defended.

"Okay, Agnes I hear you, I see you have been watching a lot of Netflix these days," I told her and we heard a chuckle from behind, it was Nicolas.

"Sorry, I can't help it but both of you are funny". He said.

"Alright, you two, why don't you go upstairs and get change then come down and get something to eat. I prepared a lot." Agnes said.

"Thank you, Agnes," we said in unison.

You must be wondering why she treats us like babies, well that is how Agnes is, she never believes anyone is too grown and that's why we love her. She is a good mother.

I got up to my room, took my bath, and got dressed. I was about to leave the room when I heard a beep from my phone.

"Looks like you are living a good life, enjoy it while you can bitch but I will be watching you."

It didn't have a name or number, It just came in as unknown and I was scared, do I have a stalker. I was going to tell Nick but then it occurred to me that maybe someone is pulling a prank and besides Nic had a lot on his plate even if he wasn't going to say it, I could see it.

I decided to go down for dinner.

Nicolas pov

By the time I finished having my bath, Kayla was already out of her room.

"I knew I shouldn't have checked my laptop, now I won't have dinner with her, I have to hurry" I quickly got dressed and went downstairs.

"What took you so long? even Kayla came down before you," Agnes asked

I laughed "Hey, I am a busy man you know"

"Alright, we hear you" Kayla spoke. We all laughed and as we began to eat Agnes asked about our day.

"So care to fill me in on how your day went?" Agnes asked

"Well, Kayla had the office to herself today, I had to go to a meeting and run some errands," I said

"Well, I had fun and I met the unstoppable cherry, I have to say that woman is a fighter but she couldn't win the battle with me," Kayla said and we laughed.

"I can figure out what you said to that girl, cause I know you got the mouth but you can't fight," Agnes said.

"It, not my fault, dad didn't let me take any karate class and he sent me to a school where I learned to use my mouth to fight, believe me, I avoid a fight at all cost, it just wastes too much of my time and besides I couldn't fight cherry on an empty stomach" Kayla grinned at me. I was surprised because she talked so fast and this is the longest I have seen her talk but then I remember that in the middle of her talking she put me in danger.

"You didn't let her eat?" Agnes said

"In my defense, I didn't want her with all those men staff I had, no I can't do that and besides I knew you would prepare a delicious meal" I defended.

"Wow, I am surprised you tried to save yourself but you didn't get to me, you could have taken her to a small restaurant" Agnes said

"I was busy, I didn't come back early, " I said

Laughter erupted from Kayla and we smiled at her, she looked so beautiful

"I am so sorry but seeing the both of you at each other's tail just made me laugh," Kayla said

"Oh, you will be getting more of this action dear," Agnes said as she began packing the plates and we helped her although she insisted we should not but we are kind of hot-headed so we helped anyways.

"Kayla when are you going out with Anna?" Agnes asked

"Oh we are not going out, she is coming over" Kayla answered

"Okay because I wanted to go grocery shopping and I wanted to know so I know when to leave the house and come back," Agnes said.

"Anna and I could go grocery shopping for you, Agnes, just give us the list," Kayla said

"She is right Agnes, I can tell one of the drivers to take them, you need to rest," I said

"Fine, I will prepare the list and give it to you. I really can't argue with you too" Agnes said.

"No you can't" I replied.

"Good night you two" Agnes said

"Good night" we replied at the same time.

As Agnes left Kayla and I decided to watch something before going to bed.

"Before I fall, an interesting choice," I said.

"I saw this movie once in college and I literally cried my balls out" when she said that I laughed so hard.

"Did you just say, you cried your balls out?" I asked

"It a figure of speech" Kayla defended
"Except that not the right word "balls", damn Kayla," I said

"Whatever, you know what I mean," she said

"Nope, but I know balls are something every man has" when I said that her eye popped out.

"OMG, Nic, you had to make it a sexual thing," she said

"I am a guy after all" I defended
"Yeah, not a good excuse you douche bag," she said.

I began to laugh and she was about to walk past me when I drew her to me and we fell on the couch.

"Did you just call me a douchebag?" I asked

"No, you heard wrong," she said and I could see she was blushing

"I am going to punish you for that," I said

"What? Why?" she asked

"First, you called me a douche bag and second you lied," I said, and before she could say anything, I kissed her.

The kiss was slow but longing, like we have been waiting to do it for a long time, and believe me, I have been waiting to kiss her for as long as I can remember, and before we could even think. She was straddling me, and the kiss got really intense, but that was all we did that night, and I enjoyed kissing her, and I knew she liked it too because after we stopped she just laid on my chest, and we watched the movies in comfortable silence. Kayla fell asleep in the middle of the movie, and I could tell she was tired so I carried her to her room, and went to mine. I couldn't help but smile and think of the kiss.