CHAPTER 7

Kayla pov

"Thank you for bringing me home"

"Anytime Kayla, and next time if you need a ride just tell, although I feel you wouldn't need to ask any longer," Nicolas said. I was quite confused as to what he meant but I shrugged it off.

"Kayla, can I have your phone?" he asked

"Sure, why not?" I handed him my phone and it looks like he put something inside, I am guessing it is his phone number. I smiled to myself.

"Here, I put my number in it, so if you need any help just ring me okay," he said and I could see it in his eyes that he cared.

"I will" I answered unsure if I was going to. I looked at my phone and laughed at what he saved his name as.

"Really, hot crush"

"Oh come on Kayla, you can't say you never had a crush on me and I bet you still do darling," he said

"It good to know you have an egoistic side but I think I should take my leave now, bye Mr. Knight," I said laughing

"Oh come on darling, is Nick or Nicolas alright," he said and I just waved as he drove off and entered the house. Just to see my mother at the table and I knew then that my life was a disaster. For a moment, I forget what it was like to be in the house.

"So you are not done being a slut you useless child," she said

I was about to say something but she was faster than me with a slap across my left cheek.

"Who brought you home," she asked but I didn't want to say anything because I knew what she could do to me.

"He just a worker that offered me a ride from work because it was too late to catch the bus mom" I lied

"Do you think I sent you to the office to be a slut, and you want me to believe that there was no bus or maybe you went out with him and he took you to a fancy place that is why you are late, what did he offer you? Did he offer a Drink, House, or money? Oh, I think it's money after all that what sluts want in return for anything", as she stood there insulting me, I just stood there wondering what I did to deserve this so I zoned out on here and kept remembering the fun I had today for the first time since I came back here.

"Get out of my sight slut" she said and I was brought back to reality. I went straight to my room and I cried myself to sleep.

Nicolas Pov

Pretending to drive off, I came back and watched as Kayla walked inside her house. I was about to leave when I started hearing some shouting and from the window, I saw Camille literally screaming her guts out but do you know what pissed me off, it was the fact that she just slapped my girl across the face, I was about to jump out when my phone started ringing. I looked at it and saw it was my father so I picked it up and acted like I was cool.

"Dad"

"Hey son, did you talk to the agents yet?" he asked, he knew of my proposal and told me to go for it because, to be honest, he and mum never liked the Argents and they have had suspicions about Kayla not being their biological daughter and no offense but I can see why.

"Yes, dad but it's like he didn't want to give her up but I am sure he will with the bargain I made," I told him.

"Dad, what did you say happened to Kayla again when she was little," I asked

"They said she was in an accident and lost her memory, why did you ask?" he said

"I will tell you later dad," I said

You see after I met Kayla at my birthday party, I swore to always protect her. It was that same night I found out that Kayla had lost her memory and she didn't actually remember anything also that she had woken from a comma. You see when my parents told me this they also put a responsibility on me to look out for her. I know you did think my parents were being too much on me but actually as I was growing up, I had always had the mind of an adult and I was also too smart for my age. Some people would say it is a disease (laughs) but it was normal for me. Mum and dad always taught Kayla was adopted or something but they never believed that she was their daughter because nobody wakes up one day and says "hey, this is my daughter, she had been staying with an old family friend in Canada but she got into a terrible accident which caused her to lost her memory so as her parent we want to be there for her" that is bullshit.

When I was done thinking and wondering how to solve this problem, there was only one thing to do. So I called a long time friend the next day.

................................................................................................................................................................

Finally here again, I was so busy on Monday, who knew Mondays could be so busy 🥺. 

I love the romance between Nicolas and Kayla.

who else is wondering what Nick offered? 

I can't wait to see what Kayla thinks about this.