CHAPTER 29

Nicolas Pov

It has been two weeks and Kayla hasn't woken up, the doctor said she had a concussion, we don't know how this happened, but Daniel said she must have hit her head, and the Doctor said this can affect her memory. It's Friday, and we haven't found Cole, but he is all over the news. They closed his company and froze all his bank accounts but unfortunately, he had removed almost all his money from the bank. Cole is brilliant, and it wouldn't be wise to underestimate him.

"Hmm....hmmm.....hmmm," I heard Kayla and quickly rushed to her side.

"Baby, I am here," I said

"Nic," she said

"Yes baby, it's me, hold on let me get the doctor," I said as I rushed out, I saw Daniel and told him the good news, and he said he would call everyone. I called the doctor, and we came in to check on Kayla.

After a few checks, the doctor said: "Well she is doing fine, her temperature is okay, and she is not in pain, I could clear her now, but I need her to stay one more day so we can still check her, but she will be good to go tomorrow morning".

"Thank you doc," I said

Everyone was here with Kayla, and she was smiling again, she was happy to see Daniel, and she finally convinced him to stay. Which made me happy, she saw him as a little brother, and I planned to take care of him. We fill Kayla in on everything that has been going on. After everyone left, I was finally alone with Kayla, and she looked better than before.

"I promise I will get Cole, and we will find your grandmother," I told her

"I know baby, but you need to rest too, how is the company?" she asked

"How are you worried about me and the company when your life is at stake," I asked

"How can I not be worried, I put you through this," she said

"No you didn't, Cole is just a bad omen," I said, and she laughed which made me smile.

"I couldn't agree more," she said smiling

"Kayla, can I ask you something?" I said, and she nodded

"Don't ever leave me," I said

"That wasn't a question," she said

"I am serious Kayla, always keep your Necklace on, so I can find you, I almost lost it when I couldn't find you, I was scared Kayla, please don't ever leave me. I couldn't breathe without you, and I wondered what Cole would have done to you." I told her as I was in tears.

Kayla Pov

I didn't know if he was trying to propose or if he was just saying this out of pain or if it was both, but It confirmed one thing for me, I love him, and I will always love him, but I don't want to freak him out. So instead I said "Nic, I am Hungry,"

He looked at me like I have grown three head, but he sigh

"What do you want?" he asked

I want you Nic, it has always been you, and it will always be you but instead of saying that I said: "How about we get a burger combo?"

"You and food," he said laughing, but I could see a little bit of worry on his face. Nicolas left to get the food while I sat on the bed thinking of what to tell Nic. When Cole took me everything dawn on me, I didn't want to live a life without Nicolas, and he has been really there for me, I didn't see my world without him, and after what he said today, I knew he was willing to stay by my side. It's decided, I am going to tell him how I feel, and I am ready to wait.

"Hey, what are you thinking about?" Anna-Lisa said

"Anna, Megan, you guys I have missed you so much," I said as I saw my two best friends.

"Well, Nic said we could come, and see you now, that you need us since he was going to the office," Megan said as she handed me my food

"Office, what's going on?" I asked

"Girl, you were really out, he said he texted and called, but you didn't pick, he thought you were sleeping, I texted him that you are alright so care to tell us what's on your mind," Anna said

I looked through my phone and saw his text and missed calls, I quickly texted him back, and he told me he just had a meeting to run through, and he will be back.

"So what's up?" Megan asked

I decided to fill them in on what happened when they all left and I told them how I felt and How I had prepared a speech to tell Nic, and they showed up.

"O.M.G. we are going to be sisters more like in-laws, but you are going to be part of the family," Megan said in a squeak, and I laughed

"I want to cry right now," Anna said

"Wait you guys, I don't even know how Nic feels," I said

"Can you hear yourself?, my brother finally opens up his feeling in a way I have hardly seen him, and you think he doesn't love you back, girl, he stays here night and day, he wouldn't leave your side and if he left he told daniel to stay with you," Megan said

"Yeah, your room security was tight, who wouldn't do that if it's not love," Anna said

"You really think he loves me?" I asked

" Girl I know he loves you, but when he will pop the question, I don't know yet," Megan said.

The girls and I spoke of other things, and they filled me in on their love life stories and the things that had happened when I was gone like how Anna now works at Nicolas company, and Megan clothing design is number one in the country. Apparently, Camille is in Jail, life imprisonment, and Cherry was put in a jail psychiatric home. Caleb, the guy Nicolas caught, testified, and there is an arrest warrant on Cole. After the girls left, I fell asleep.