chpt.5

When I followed after Ella I didn't make it very far because I was pinned to the wall by an angry Rayne.

"Where do you think you're going?" He said. "To check on Ella? She just ran out upset so uh excuse me," I said trying to loosen his vice like grip on my shoulder. She was upset about Connor I just wanted to see if she was okay.

"Ash you can't go out there, this is serious. That guy out there is Alpha Jason, the man we defeated. He's not supposed to be here and my father reports that he's not alone. Stay inside." He said in a tone of finality. I didn't want to push the issue any further so I complied.

"Okay, but will you be alright?" I said rubbing his shoulders, feeling his muscles flex underneath my touch.

"Of course, I'm an Alpha" He said with a smirk.

"Son, let's go handle some business." Alpha Jackson called from behind with his hands in his pockets. He looked unphased by Jason's appearance. Rayne placed a light kiss on my lips then joined his father.

I found my parents with Luna Aria and Peyton sound asleep on the couch in the security room with tv monitors all over. It was a safety precaution all members of the council took. I looked at the main monitor and saw Rayne and Alpha Jackson standing tall and firm staring down Alpha Jason who looked so cocky I wanted to smack the smirk off his face. Such a pretty face though. I thought. Alpha Jason was tall, blonde haired, and had piercing blue eyes that contrasted against his all black suit. His square jaw and bulking figure made him look intimidating despite how arrogant he looked.

"Ashlyn, you look worried" Luna Aria said.

"I am a little. I've never seen a confrontation before, certainly not one that looks this serious." I admitted. I wasn't even out there and I could feel the uncomfortable tension.

"My boys can handle themselves. They're strong and our pack is strong, take some pride in knowing you'll soon be one of us." she said with a small smile.

I nodded and smiled. I looked at my mother tapping away on her phone with furrowed eyebrows and my father who seemed to be in an urgent conversation on the phone.

"Who let that bastard get past the border patrol? When I find out his ass is mine! I want unit patrols to scan the whole perimeter and keep the rest of his men out immediately. That's a direct order." He shouted angrily. I flinched at his tone, it was rare when he got that angry.

I looked back to the monitor to see Rayne standing tall beside his father. They both looked expectant of what was to come.

So was I....

Rayne's P.O.V.

"What brings you here Jason. I'm pretty sure you weren't on the guest list." My father asked nonchalantly.

"I thought I should personally welcome you to the land thats supposed to be mine but you just had to play dirty and capture my mate didn't you?"Jason replied with sarcasm dripping from his tone.

"First, your mate came to us having been fed up with your sadistic ways and not to mention you were sleeping around with other bitches. Second, this land is mine always has been and always will be. You may leave on your own free will or I will have you personally escorted out."

Jason laughed humorlessly. "Funny you should mention my sweet Leila, she's dead. I have no stomach for traitors" Jason said while shrugging his shoulders.

"She was your mate how could you so easily dispose of her like that? You'll never find another woman like her again" I said disgustedly. Leila was Jason's mate. She escaped to one of our bases during the war, she decided she was done with Jason's abuse. and she told us everything we needed to know about him. I remember how pained she looked. She was covered in black and blue bruises and abnormally thin from the lack of food. Jason didn't care about her and I couldn't imagine doing anything that horrific to Ashlyn.