chpt. 29

This chapter was supposed to be apart of chapter 28 but I wanted to make it separate to give you all some time to fan yourselves after the previous chapter *winks*

Enjoy and don't forget to vote <3

***

Do you know that feeling of relief of satisfaction that washes over you when you find something that you're looking for? That is how I felt times ten. It's like I saw everything in perfect clarity and the missing link between Rayne and I finally, locked itself into place. At this moment, I can only sum up my feelings as whole, complete, and truly happy. Everything made sense, my dreams, the reasons why I never had a serious relationship, it was all for he and I to find each other.

Last night was truly incredible, so incredible that we had broken two of the bed posts out of the four. Oops...

In lieu of that little accident, we were currently sleeping on the plushest of blankets surrounded by huge damask pillows, in front of the suites stone fireplace. The warm glow illuminated the beautiful contrast of our skin as we laid with our legs intertwined. I was sprawled out on top of him as I had no choice but to be, as he countered every attempt I made to roll over onto my side. I didn't mind though, I appreciated his warmth and his large frame that made me feel protected at all times. I noticed that our physical contact had changed after we mated. In replacement of the usual tingly sensations, came soothing and calming waves of comfort. It was almost impossible to want to pull away from him now, it felt good to be unmistakeably happy.

Staring into the fire as it was the only source of sound in the room besides his breathing, it roared and crackled, bringing me back to the night when we first arrived. I felt cold and I awoke to find him on the balcony, talking on the phone. I remember how I kind of sleep drifted to the balcony to ask him what was wrong, and he brushed it off. The days after that, he turned cold and distant to the point where we had a major argument over his behavior (and apparently mine). From that first night until now, something has been going on and I just now have been able to connect the dots. He even told me to trust him about it when we argued, but I think there's no reason for secrets between us. We're newly mated, I don't see he'd still hide something from me after this fact. Even if what he's keeping from me is horrible and he wants to protect me, I think I'm in even more danger by not knowing. Another reason for my thoughts is now because of our new bond, his emotions were on full display. His feelings mirrored my own but I sensed something else. Unease, anger even. What was making him feel such a way? Was it because of me? Slowly, I felt insecurity seep into my mind.

Brushing off my mood-downing thoughts, I carefully unraveled myself from his arms and headed (limped) towards the bathroom. After I relieved myself, I grabbed a robe to cover up and proceeded to wash my face and brush my teeth. While drying my face, I noticed shiny flashes out of the corner of my eye. Looking into the mirror, my breath got caught in my throat as I found an irridescent piece of jewelry on my finger. I don't wear rings, ever.

Oh....my....

I examined it further and my breath finally left me in a shaky exhale. It was a platinum, three diamond set ring fit snug onto my ring finger. The diamonds were interlaced in an infinity shape and as I looked closer, there was an engraving on the side of the band.

Now and always.

G O S H

"It's about time you woke up, I had to fake sleep up until now." I looked into the mirror to see Rayne standing in the door frame, my eyes wide with shock.

"Rayne, what are you?...what is?" I tried to form a coherent sentence as I looked back and forth between him and the ring.

"Ash, I mean it when I say that I love you, a lot. I eventually want to marry you, so why not start off with a promise ring? As my home girl Beyoncé said, put a ring on it." I stood there speechless, staring at the beautiful ring adorning my finger.

"I'm guessing you like it then," He said hopefully, cheeks tinted pink.

"Like it? Rayne, I love it. I can't believe-" My voice cracked before I could finish as my eyes burned from the tears I was holding back. This whole trip has been an emotional roller coaster, but this moment right here, was worth it all. It's like everything that I had wished for was slowly coming true, settling into its rightful place. He let out a sigh of relief, wiping off an invisible bead of sweat from his forehead. I laughed and crossed the distance to wrap my arms around his bare torso. He was still stark naked and I tried my best not to get distracted from his not-so-little friend that was currently poking into my thigh.

"How much did you spend on it?" I asked feeling a little guilty as I marveled at the twinkling princess cut diamonds. I guess I'm worth it. *cue fifth harmony*

"Don't worry about it, all you need to know is that it was worth every single penny." I opened my mouth to protest, but he silenced me by placing his mouth on mine.

"I really do love it," I said, brushing my lips over his mark. Some of the redness had subsided but it still stuck out on his skin. He grabbed my chin to make me meet his gaze, which burned with desire as he bent down to kiss my mark as well.

"I'm glad you do, you're worth it babygirl." I smiled as he fumbled with the ties that kept my bathrobe together."Really worth it." He added huskily. I already knew where this was going, and I was happy to oblige.

"Allow me." Pushing his hands away, I undid the knot and slid the robe off of my body. Sliding the shower door open, I put one foot in before looking over at him. He bit his lower lip as he gave my backside a once over.

Stepping all the way in, he followed after me and slid the door shut. Turning to face me, I took a seat on the bench that was inside of the luxurious shower. Once we made eye contact, I let my eyes rove over his body appreciatively. The moon goddess really came through for your girl.

Beckoning him forward with my index finger, my heart pounded with anticipation of what was to come when he spread my thighs open with a low groan.

I'm about to have a really good morning...