chpt.32

I'm back...and I know yall missed me...

Once again, I'm so so sorry for the delay so I made this chapter nice and long...just how I like my fruit roll ups ;) (I know that was wack pls let me live)

I hope you enjoy and VOTE!

••••••••

Having a Mate is truly something...special. They made you forget about the sickness and cruelty that plagued the world, your biggest fears, and the malevolent thoughts that threatened your sanity. They made you feel safe despite the fact that you're standing on the precipice of imminent danger. He was my refuge, a beacon of sorts. I didn't think it was possible to have so much faith in one person, that was of course before I fell in love with him.

Someone bring me the grater because this is getting cheesy.

I remembered the night when we completed the mating ritual, that feeling of irrevocable completeness that he and I shared. That very feeling, never went away ever since that night and it couldn't . That feeling was the only thing that kept me sane, in the face of what's happened on this trip, our bond was my anchor and what kept me from giving into the terror, the paranoia, the haunting thoughts at night. He was my reassurance that everything would turn out alright. It had to, right?

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, placing his wine glass down after taking a long swig. I ran my finger around the rim of glass, meeting his candlelit gaze.

We decided on taking a miniature tour of the city along with a fine dinner to spend our last day in Vancouver. We took so many pictures together that we both ran out of storage on our cell phones, it was that serious. We deserved it after all, preparations and provisions needed to be made for the plan and it took a toll on our private time. For the next 3 days of the trip it was a cyclic routine of waking up, showering, no breakfast, lunch, and then a little hanky panky 2 of those 3 days. Even though we were busy, there was no way your girl was going to miss out on the goodies.

"You." I answered finally. He tried to hide the smile creeping up on his face before speaking up.

"Me? Do tell." He leaned forward on his forearms, listening intently.

"I was thinking that despite everything, you always do everything in your power to keep me safe." I said, loving how his features softened.

"I hope you don't expect anything less than that, I made a vow and I plan on making another one in the future." He said, reaching over to kiss my promise ring. I felt my heart pound against my chest, reacting to the heat left on my hand by his lips.

"Mrs. Michaelson..." I said to myself, as I held my ring up and watched the diamonds twinkle. Yup, this ring was never coming off.

"It fits you perfectly. My last name and the ring." He said, looking at me with admiration in his eyes. In that moment, I hoped that my expression matched his because it's when he says things like that, I forget how to function properly. I pushed a piece of hair behind my ear and tried to focus his face through the dim lighting. Candles were the only source of light at each dining table. The walls were a sanguine color with golden damask prints, with matching accents in the dinnerware and sconces.

Looking around the restaurant, I saw the intimate stares being exchanged between each couple along with quick pecks on the lips. I also saw how they whispered sweet nothings into each other's ears and a thought popped up into my head.

"You know what else fits me perfectly or should I say, in me?" I whispered seductively, making him choke on his wine. I really just said that. He blinked a few times at me, as if he didn't believe that came out of my mouth.