chpt. 4

I felt hungry for more as his lips expertly massaged mine. I grabbed his hair, greedy to get any closer than I am now. He grabbed my hips and placed me on the sink. I don't remember how long we were getting lost in each other but I didn't care. This was perfect, he was perfect and we both pulled away for air. We gazed into each others eyes and he placed his forehead on mine.

"Why does this feel so normal?" I whispered. Everything about this didn't feel rushed it felt like it was supposed to happen. His lips on mine, his hands on my me felt like they were supposed to be there, his hands only. I felt like I already knew the reason why but I needed him to confirm.

"Remember when I said 'you'll find out' if you agreed to the bet?" He said while running his thumb over my bottom lip. I nodded.

"The reason why I choose you is because you're my mate...not by choice but by fate. I couldn't be more happier," he said searching my eyes. Mates....me....him...fate. Those words rang throughout my mind. It made sense why I felt this way towards him. I found him attractive instantly and I was drawn to him as soon as I laid my eyes on him. I felt like I already knew, it was the mating pull that gave me a sense of familiarity after all. I was supposed to all along. Instead of fear I felt calm, almost complete.

"We're mates..." I said testing the word out. It felt just right rolling off of my tongue.

"You're my mate. The one i'm supposed to mark, protect, love, and cherish," He said with such passion that left me speechless.

I knew human/wolf pairings were rare but I couldn't understand why me? Looking at him, I didn't think I was special enough to deserve someone like him as my Mate.

The prospect unnerved me. Something that's usually shared between two wolves is now mine? I couldn't help but feel nervous but happy at the same time. It really made sense but I asked myself-What will our parents think? The pack? Will they accept me as their Luna? Who gives a shit get your man girl! My subconscious screamed.

"Why me?" I asked, I was extremely happy because I met my other half but the curious side of me needed to know why I chosen.

"Luna dea, or the moon goddess allows an Alpha male and a human female deemed worthy to Mate every few decades. It's to preserve the rare species of hybrids that exist... in secret. They're the ultimate weapon just in case if evil forces of nature try to disrupt the natural balance," He replied slowly.

The books about hybrids never went into detail about why the human/wolf pairings were allowed to be. Everything made perfect sense now. I felt overwhelmed, the Moon goddess choose me out of all women to be mated to this powerful man in front of me. I racked my brain to try and form a response after taking in this revealation.

"Okay" I blurted out. Okay? After everything he's just told me that's all I had to say? I mentally faceplamed myself.

"Okay? As in you accept or okay I'm getting the fuck out of here, " He said sounding worried.

"Okay as in I accept you as my mate Rayne," I said laughing at his expression.

"Thank goodness," He said pulling me into a hug. I didn't want to let go. In his arms was where I felt I belonged.

"It's a tradition for the Alpha to recognize and present the bond in a ceremony to the pack." He added after pulling away from our embrace.

"When? What happens in the ceremony?" I asked.

"On the next full moon, a few days from now. I'm the future Alpha of the pack which makes you my Luna, we have to bond you with the pack through blood. After that you will have our strength, lifespan, and you will officially be one of us human or not." I swallowed hard.