Chpt. 37 (II)

Another split chapter, hoorahhhh. Originally, I was going to unpublish part 1 and just add this to it but I'd rather start fresh and new :)

Be nice in the comments section because I saw a whole lot of reported comments on the previous chapter, I know you all want the happy ending but with the way I have the story envisioned, there's going to be a struggle to get there.

I'm all about seeing and reading about the struggle and the fight for love, freedom, and wholeness. Pretty please everyone, bear with me.

I also noticed that a few people mentioned that my story is resembling another werewolf story. I have never, ever read a bwwm/werewolf story with the same exact type of material that I develop on my own and use my daily inspirations to help me write.

Maybe there's a resemblance in how there is always an antagonist and a brewing battle in the works. Without that, imagine how boring the story would be!!!?

Despite my rant, I hope you guys enjoy the rest of chapter 37.

38 will be fantabulous, you can count on it! <3

***

"Wake up." I heard my Mate's smooth voice command. I buried myself deeper into the pillow, hiding myself underneath the covers. He continued to shake me, chuckling and then gave up, placing a kiss on the top of my head. I was so comfortable, so happy to be reunited with him once again.

Climbing back into bed, he lifted the blankets so he could pull me against his chest. Something felt odd, his touch isn't as warm as it should be. I ignored it and snuggled even closer to him, sighing happily.

"I missed you." I said dreamily. He wrapped his arm around me, burying his head into my neck.

"Wake up baby girl, you have to." I opened my eyes, feeling confused.

"I am awake, I'm here with you. Aren't I?" I felt his hands, noticing how his touch didn't give me the soothing, calming sensations that I was used to. Something felt wrong, he felt wrong.

I turned towards him, expecting to look into his mesmerizing hazel eyes but instead, I met a set of unfamiliar eyes flickering back and forth between hazel and icy blue. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. Then, his face started twisted and morphing into Jason's face. Trying to push myself away as Jason's dark laughter filled the room, I tried to scream as Rayne's hazel pools were being overtaken by blue. Before he was lost to Jason completely, he screamed at me.

"WAKE UP!"

Jerking my body upright, I forced my eyes wide open. I regretted it because my body felt as stiff as a board, like I haven't moved around in quite sometime. My dream replayed freshly in my mind, causing me to bite down on my fist to keep myself from screaming. My mouth was dry along with my lips, I tried to make some sense of what happened before I went out. I was still clothed in the same clothes from last time. Feeling a pinch in my arm, I looked down to see an IV needle in my arm and a long clear tube leading up to a saline bag hanging above me.I remembered being in Jason's room but then...then I, well? I closed my eyes and thought harder, and that's when it all came rushing back. The cigarette breath, the cynical laughter, Leila.

Jason wants to sever my mating bond with Rayne.

He wants me to carry his soldiers.

I searched for the nearest wastebasket and poured all of the contents of my stomach into it. Fresh memories clawed at my sanity, threatening to send me into a downward spiral, over the brink. I was so sick, sick of all of this torment. I knew what I signed up for but I wanted to be free. Ripping the IV out of my arm, I learned my forehead against the rim of the basket. I couldn't, I wouldn't do this! Then at the perfect time, the source of all my problems strolled daintily into the room.