chpt. 11

I only fell asleep for 30 minutes. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 11:30 p.m. I was still all snuggled up next to Rayne who was knocked out. He looked so cute while he was sleeping! I took a quick picture of him and got up to go take a shower. The picture was much needed blackmail and would look pretty damn cute as a lockscreen.

The bathroom was even nicer. It had black marble floors, stainless steel appliances and a huge waterfall shower system with a plexiglass door. I poked my head inside to see that it was big enough for 5 people. The shower walls were marble as well and there was a bench pressed against the wall. Above it, there was a steel detachable shower head and a shelf with an assortment of body washes adorning it. I quickly stripped off my clothes and tweaked the controls around until I got the warm water running. There was no shower cap in sight so I had to be extra careful, I didn't want my freshly straightened hair to curl back up just yet so I tied it up to the top of my head.

The waterfall stream felt heavenly as it drenched every inch of my skin. I let out a sigh of contentment and thought about today. The pack seemed to like and me respect me so I didn't have to worry about 'fitting in'. I was bound to the pack and Rayne, but it wasn't the same. When our hands were tied together, I was an astronomical experience. It's like a felt a piece of me latch onto his soul, and the same for him. I felt his presence within me, but not fully because we still had to complete our bond.

I took my time to lather up with a fresh smelling body wash from the shelf. I heard the door creak open a little.

"Babe?" Rayne called out. I turned off the water as I finished up and grabbed a towel that I hung over the top of the shower door.

"The one and only," I replied smugly. He chuckled and I saw his blurry figure lean against the doorframe through the fogged glass of the shower door.

"Everyone left earlier, our parents are holding a conference downtown to discuss how to respond to Jason's attack." He said with a hint of anger in his voice. I'd be angry too if I were him. Coming back from a war just to have a new one start all over again and lose members in the process, it was disheartening.

I stepped out the shower then I realized that the towel was insanely short, only stopping mid thigh. Rayne's expression darkened as he scanned my exposed legs. I felt my cheeks heat up at his dark gaze.

"So we're alone then?" He nodded. He then handed me my dufflebag that had all my weekend things in them.

"I'll be waiting." He then closed the door behind me. I don't know why I felt so shy being in a towel around him it's not like I haven't seen him half naked before. 'It's because you don't know how he feels for you' my subconscious replied.

It's true, I was uncertain that he felt the same way for me because of my rapidly growing feelings for him. There was no doubt I was falling for him but if we're to have sex, I want us both to be on the same page. I pushed my thoughts aside and proceeded to brush my teeth then get dressed. I knew I was going to be spending the night with him so I brought a silk pajama set that had a pair of maroon silk shorts with black lace trimming and a matching spaghetti strap top.

I took two painkillers because I had extreme discomfort from the IUD I got inserted a few days earlier. Ella insisted that I get a long term form of birth control because 'the first time you mate you'll continue to go at it like damn monkeys and not want to bother with those mini plastic wraps' as she so stated.

During the conversation, I felt nervous. Ella has had so much experience but she also gave me some useful tips. Ella told me all about her experiences with Connor in the bedroom(before he done messed everything up ). They apparently had sex in a movie theater one time...during an animated film. I sighed as I took my hair down and parted it to the side. I was fully determined to get some answers. I marched out the bathroom and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Rayne at his vanity in his boxers.