chpt. 19

"Close your eyes."

I complied and squeezed my eyes shut. Rayne said he had a surprise for me and I was eager to see what it was. He grabbed my hand and led us away from the living room after the gathering dispersed. We stopped for a moment and I felt myself being lifted off my feet. My eyes shot wide open as we ascended up the grandeur staircase, with Rayne carrying me bridal style.

"Eyes closed Ashlyn." He reprimanded. I sighed then closed my eyes and focused on his smooth motions up the stairs. He carried me as if I weighed nothing because of his enhanced strength.

"Can I have a hint about where we're going?" I whined, I didn't like being kept out of the loop!

"Nope." He replied popping the 'p'.

After a few more minutes, we finally stopped and he set me down carefully on my feet. I opened my eyes a little . We were on his side of the house and before he could check if I was peeking, I shut my eyes quickly.

"Good girl." He said pinching my cheek.

I stuck my tongue out at him briefly as he pulled me along. Because of his tall stature, he took several long strides and it only took us a few seconds to come to a halt again. I heard the sound of a door being unlocked and he led us inside, shutting the door behind him.

"Open your eyes." he said wrapping his arms around my waist from behind me.

I gasped as I took in my surroundings. We were in a huge master bedroom with a french door balcony directly in front of us. I walked over to see what awaited me outside. It revealed the horizon to a coastal beachy area that was a fair distance away.

"Welcome to our new bedroom." He said grinning. I turned to face him and gasped.

"This is for us!?" I said in awe as I continued to look around the grand room.

It had sandy brown walls, dark brown furniture, a large flat screen TV in the center of the front wall above a shelf that had the cablebox and other appliances on it. On the other wall to the left there was a stone fire place, a futon and coffee table by the french doors, and a huge king sized bed with cremé satin sheets in the middle of the room on the back wall. In the center of the ceiling, there was a crystal clear chandelier with a cascading design, giving the room a touch of wealth. The floors were marble with a peach tint and black specs in them. The bed had a sheer golden canopy that canvassed the top of the bed, giving it a romantic feel. What stuck out to me was that on the bed there was a bouquet and rose petals spread out. I turned to face my body towards his and placed kisses all over his face.

"I love it, it's perfect!" I said inbetween kisses.

I pulled back to gaze into his eyes that were swirling with joy and relief.

"I'm glad you do, I designed it just for my baby," I grinned and kissed him again.

"I love it, I really do. What are you going to do with your old room?" I asked.

"It's a guest room now." He replied indifferently.

He then placed a kiss on my forehead then walked over to the bed to pick up the large bouquet of red roses, my favorite flowers. He handed them to me with a pink tint hovering on his cheeks.

"For you,"

I'm pretty sure I was beaming from ear to ear. Nothing could top how happy I was feeling at this moment. He did all of this for me, to make sure we'd live comfortably together. How could I not be happy? He was the epitome of romantic. I took the bouquet from his hands and put them to my nose. I took a deep whiff, appreaciating the fresh scent.