chpt. 1

5:30 a.m.

I was in the woods not too far from my best friend Ella's house. I looked down and saw that I was wearing a white shift but basically felt like nothing as the wind whipped my skin. I heard a growl come from behind me and turned around to see a massive raven haired wolf with golden brown eyes staring right at me. It had to be the size of an average human being. I've never been this close to a wolf, its forbidden by the council. It sniffed the air and moved closer. I backed away with each step until my back hit the trunk of a tree.

The wolf buried its nose into the side of my neck and I instantly relaxed. I ran my hand through its fur and it laid down. Without warning, the wolf transformed back to human form and stood up naked before me. I couldn't make out his face but I saw his glowing eyes pouring into mine. He was tan, and had a body carved out of marble. His face was unclear and in the blink of an eye he pinned me against a tree. He ran his hand down the fabric of the shift and ripped it in two leaving me bare and shivering underneath the moonlight. I didn't care one bit as I stood firmly in place, something about him made me not want to move a single inch. He laid a trail of sloppy kisses from my neck to the base of my throat.

"Mine" He said before he sunk his teeth into my throat, hard.

5:41 a.m.

I shot up gasping for air feeling my neck that was unharmed. The dream felt so real that my heart couldn't stop pounding. I went into my bathroom to rinse my face off in an attempt to calm myself down. My neck still felt tingly as if I was actually bitten. After leaning over the bathroom counter for a while, I got into bed and thought about the golden brown eyes that glowed in my dream.

"Mine" his guttural voice echoed in my head one last time before I fell asleep.

•••

8:49 a.m.

I quickly silenced my iPhone alarm. I only managed to get a few hours of sleep for school.

"Lord give me the strength."

I made my way into the bathroom and started at the ghoulish figure in front of me. I looked like i just crawled out of a grave. I took a shower then washed and detangled my curly hair. In the mirror I saw some dark circles forming and they were really noticeable because of my rich brown skin. I quickly concealed them, put some foundation on and settled for winged eyeliner along with a curling wand for my hair.

For my outfit, I decided on a pair of dark wash skinny jeans, a cremé cable knit sweater , and brown combat boots. I made my way downstairs to find my mom and dad at the breakfast table reviewing some paperwork probably regarding the council. My mom was the secretary so all paperwork goes through her.

"Hey sweetie," she called out to me. I came over to give her and my father a kiss on the cheek.

"What's all this?" I pointed out the stack of papers all over the table.

"The Alpha family of the Raven pack are moving from Oscala to Maplewood, just taking care of their real estate arrangements." My mom said sounding a little stressed.

"Who are they again?" I tried to remember their names but came up blank.

"The Michaelsons. The Raven pack is now the strongest and largest on the East Coast. They won the pack war and defeated Silver Moon after brutally battling them for 7 months. They've decided to move to town and run their pack from here since it's within their ancestral rights. Alpha Jackson is also taking a seat alongside me on the council,"

My father Marcus Black, was the chief chair member for the humans on the head council in the East. The council was made up of 6 human representatives and 6 werewolf representatives. The head council controlled all human/werewolf affairs for decades. There were 3 main councils. They were located on the West Coast, Middle region, and the East Coast. In total, there were about 500 wolves in the country so the councils oversaw them to make sure things were running smoothly between our kinds.

"Have you met them before?" I asked.

"Of course. They mean business but they're very friendly and likeable. They have a son who's enrolling in your school today. You and Ella can show him the ropes if he needs it, first impressions are everything honey."

"Sure no problem, I'm leaving for class now, love you guys." I said grabbing an apple and my car keys from the basket.

I stopped outside of Ella's house in my white Jeep wrangler and saw several uHaul trucks parked in front of the house next door. I think that's the Alphas home because it was the biggest house on the block. It was a manor style home with a stone exterior and dark wood roof detail. There was a beautiful two door entrance outlined with gold. It just screamed alpha. Ella ran to my car and jumped inside.

"Ashlyn the Alphas are moving in next door!" she said panting. That confirmed my guess.

"Nice, did you know that their son is going to our school now? Who else is in the family? "

"I do! There's Alpha Jackson, Luna Aria, the youngest son Peyton whos like three, and then there's oh so delicious Rayne." Ella said while fanning herself. The name Rayne echoed in my mind something about his name sounded familiar, like I knew him already. Shaking off the feeling, I parked in the undergrad parking lot in the front of the college.

The school was designed so that humans and wolves could both get their educations through integrated classes and cirriculums. Grades started from 9th-12th on the West side of campus and on the East side of the campus, there was an undergrad college and a graduate school on the farther side. I was currently in my senior year of college at 19 years old. Yes, I was insanely smart and that was how Ella and I became closer. We both skipped a few grades and ended up in the same classes together due to our impressive academic skills. I can proudly say that she was my truest and closest friend, it's hard to find people who want to see you do good and have the same ambition as you to succeed. We were studying law together in hopes of starting our own firm one day. We strolled arm in arm together into Shakesperian literature.

"Lynnie! I think that's Rayne's seat!" Ella exclaimed as she pointed out the extra desk added upfront.

"Girl calm down you don't want him to think you're crazy!" I said shaking my head.

"You're right but he is were royalty, breathing the same air as him is a privilege" she sighed dreamily and we both laughed. Ella did know how to drag things. Walking down the hallway all the girls were freaking out over him coming into school. He couldn't be all that could he? The bell rang and an Adonis strolled into the classroom. This guy was...

"Everyone, please welcome Mr.Michaelson to the class," Professor Hall said.

Now I know why all the girls were swooning over him earlier.

This guy was drop dead gorgeous.

---

Hey guys! This is my first book so I'd really appreciate some feedback, comments...VOTES perhaps?

Stay tuned for more,
Ash

***©All Rights Reserved To Writer, Asamanda