chpt. 7

After saying goodbye to Rayne, i went back inside in search of my parents. I saw my mother rubbing her temples while reading some paperwork and my father was nowhere in sight.

"Mom, what's the update?" I said sitting next to her. I knew that last nights events had everyone on edge, including myself. Alpha Jason easily slipped past our border patrol who knew what he sneak past us next?

"We found out how Jason easily slipped past our patrols on Ella's side of town. He brought along some of his wolves 30 altogether. We only have 15 men on duty so we have to up security numbers for a start. The problem is, no one's stepping foward they're all afraid of him" my mom sighed.

Who would be afraid of that fool? I wanted to karate chop his ass when he taunted Rayne and indirectly threatened me.

"I know what you're thinking Ash. That he's too arrogant to be taken seriously. Don't let first impressions fool you though, that man is evil."

"During the war, as a way to intimidate the Raven pack he'd send the heads of dead pack members right to the front steps of the headquarters." she said while shaking her head. My stomach churned at the image of that happening. Imagine if he found me, what would he do with me? My mother grabbed my hand and rubbed it.

"No harm will come to you, you have Rayne and his whole pack protecting this town, and especially you. I've seen the way he looks at you honey. He truly meant it when he said he'd protect you...and if anyone tries to harm my baby they're gonna get lit up" she said. I laughed and then gave her a hug and made my way back to my room.

I relaxed at the thought of the way Rayne told my parents about us. He did mean it, i felt it in his eyes, his voice, his kisses. I couldn't but feel a little helpless, here's Rayne the strong and powerful alpha and then there's me, the smart alec human who's never had a boyfriend(and still a virgin). Before I could dive deeper into my thoughts, my phone rang and saw that it was a text from my father.

"Come to my office, I need to have a word with you." No emojis or anything? I knew this was about to get serious.

"Hey dad.." I said cautiously as I walked in. I saw that my father was holding a smaller silver gun similar to his own in his hand and was currently loading it with transparent bullets with a golden fluid inside. Wolfsbane I thought.

"Honey, you know about the security breach and I don't play around when it comes to the safety of this town and my family. This is a specially designed gun that will easily put down a werewolf. Now that Jason knows about you we have no idea if he'll try to harm you. I'm having one made for your mother and other human representatives on the council. This one is yours." he said handing me the gun. I warily took it from his hand.

I tested its weight in my palm. It was small and light so it could be easily concealed. I opened the chamber and saw that it was already loaded with six bullets.

"Do you think it's strong enough to put Jason down? He's an Alpha, " I asked while checking out the gun.

"I'm not sure why don't you go try it out on him?" he said with a smug look.

"Funny" I said sarcastically while walking out of his office. I felt empowered, if Jason should ever try anything...he'd surely regret it once I shoot his ass up.

I spent the rest of the day studying and catching up on some homework until Empire came on. I couldn't wait that's my show as I did a little dance, it was 8:49 p.m. As i was about to silence my phone, Rayne called me. I picked up a little too fast and instantly regretted it, it seemed like I was waiting up on him and made me seem clingy.

"Someone's been waiting up for me huh?" I could tell that he had that stupid smirk on his face when he said that.

"Actually I was about to put my phone on silent, Empire is about to come on so no distractions. Don't flatter yourself babe. " I said in a matter-of-fact type voice.

"I'm joining you, I'm outside your house," He could not be serious, not this again!

He couldn't text me to let me know he was coming!? His timing was yet again perfect because my parents left to go meet up with the rest of the council members. Before I could protest, I heard my bedroom window open and Rayne rolled right in.

"Rayne! " I squealed as I ran to put some clothes on. I guarantee i'm not the only person who likes to lay around in their underwear no one's watching so why not?

"That booty though..." He said as his eyes followed my back side.

"Cover your eyes now!" I exclaimed.

"Okay okay!" He placed his hands over his eyes. I put on a long t shirt that reached my knees and let my hair fall to my shoulders. I turned and saw Rayne peeking through his hands.

"Really?!" I threw a nearby pillow at him.

"Not my fault that you have an amazing body." He easily dodged the pillow. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"You can thank the gym for that." I plopped down onto my bed. Rayne took a place next to me.

"Did I say you could sit on my bed?" i said raising my eyebrow.

"You let me in sooo-" I cut him of before he could finish the lie.

"You let yourself in!"

"Be honest were you really going to make me go home?" He said with raised eyebrows. I sighed in defeat, he got me there. Of course I was going to let him in and he knew that.

"Shut up," I said as I threw another pillow at him.

Towards the middle of the show, I found myself dancing around my room to Keep it Movin'. The song was everything. Rayne laughed at me the whole time and I replayed the performance so many times that we both got the lyrics down and perfomed it ourselves. He grabbed onto my hips while rapping Hakeem's part and then started doing some MJ moves. I bursted out laughing and did some moves of my own as I went into Beyoncé mode and flipped my hair and shaked my hips.

Saying that we were having fun was an understatement. I felt like I was on cloud 9 just being all goofy with him. My cheeks started hurting from laughing so much that's how real it got. I forgot that my parents would be home soon so I immediately shushed him still giggling from our little dance off. I jumped on my bed and then laid down. Rayne followed me soon after and we just laid there.

"Ash, let's not speak of this to anyone... " He said looking at me.

"I won't say anything if you won't." I said with a wink.

We stared into each others eyes for a moment. Feeling a surge of confidence, I climbed on top of him and kissed him. Whenever I looked at him, deep, primal desires stirred inside of me that I never thought I could imagine. With Rayne, I felt careless and free, intimacy was normal for us now. He easily slipped his tongue into my mouth, massaging mine. He then slipped his hand under my t-shirt and ran his fingers along the hem of my burgundy lace panties then went up to the small of my back.

I lightly moaned. Wherever his hands went, they left a hot, tingling touch that fueled my desires even more. I slipped my hands underneath his shirt and stroked his chiseled stomach then placed kisses all the way up to his chest.

"Ash...I can't control my wolf if you go any further...I want your first time to be special," he said struggling to get the words out with every breath.

I stopped above his navel and pouted. He was right, honestly I thought he'd be the eager one but it was me. He brought out the desires from so deep inside of me so I couldn't help myself.

"Where will the mark go?" I said still straddling him, feeling 'little Rayne' poking into my thigh.

"Right...here" He placed kisses on my neck leading to up my lips.

"It might hurt, but combined with the pleasure you'll feel it'll take your mind right off of the pain." he said huskily inbetween kisses.

I bit my lip at the thought of the night after the ceremony. I was nervous but excited at the same time. Only a few more days until our bond will be permanent. After that who knows what will happen. The fact that he would be by my side made the unknown even more fascinating.