chpt. 6

I woke up in my bed, still in my party clothes. I remember falling asleep in Rayne's arms and now that he was gone, I missed him. His warmth, scent just everything. I took a quick shower and changed into a pair of black shorts and a t-shirt. I reached over to look at my phone and saw that I had a text from Ella and one from an unknown number.

El: I came to look for you after the confrontation, I'm okay just to let you know. I found you snuggled up in Rayne's arms so I'm more than ok now ;). I sighed out of relief knowing that my girl was ok.
Unknown: Ash, it's Rayne. I took you home last night I would've stayed with you but your dad wasn't having it sooo uh call me when you get up. I'm waiting on you babe.
P.S. you look cute as hell when you sleep 😏;P" I started giggling like an idiot. What is this boy doing to me?

I called him and he picked up on the second ring.

"Before you say anything how did you get my number creep?" I asked jokingly.

"Ella gave it to me. How else am I supposed to get in contact with my girl?" He chuckled.

"Mhmm your girl, Why did you want me to call you?"

"To hear your voice."

"Cut that gooey crap out right now!" I shouted playfully.

"I mean it...but the real reason is I wanted to ask you something." He sounded really serious.

"Ask away" I replied.

"I wanted to show you my wolf, so you can get used to me and not be afraid." I didn't know what to think. I've never seen a wolf up close before it was forbidden because some weres can't control their wolves and have harmed people when they took over. This wolf in particular happened to be my mate so its necessary that I get accquainted with his other form.

"When?" I replied.

"Now, look outside your window" He could not be serious!

I ran over to my window and saw him leaning against a tree with the phone to his ear. When he saw me he winked and I shook my head smiling. He came at a perfect time because my parents left early to discuss upgrading security and safety measures after last nights events.

"I'm waiting Ashlyn, I know your parents aren't home we're all alone" he drawled like he was about to score.

"Shut up, I'm coming" I replied while grabbing a hoodie and throwing my hair into a messy ponytail. I ran over to him once I stepped outside.

"Get over here you" He said while pulling me into a tight hug and placing kisses all over my face.

"Rayne ew stop!" I said giggling, trying to push him away.

"I missed you." I said while running my fingers along his chest.

"I missed you more Ash, time to show you my wolf. Promise me you won't run away? I might chase you, being a dog and all" He said with an awkward look on his face. I laughed and then nodded. He stepped back and started stripping off his clothes.

"Whoaaaa there don't you want some privacy or something?!" I said covering my eyes.

"I don't mind, soon enough we'll both see each other naked." He said with a smirk.

"Rayne! baby steps ok?" I sighed.

"I'm done uncover your eyes." I did but kept my eyes locked on his. I let my eyes travel over his tanned upper body. He was ripped, he had beautifully sculpted muscles and abs like he was carved out of marble. The lord has been good to me I tell you.