Chpt.31 (II)

Had to split 31 into parts because I continued the love scene in my X RATED book(by popular request), Part 2 is what happens afterwards because I know some of you don't like reading explicit chapters so, this one is dedicated to all my nuns out there!

(Try to) Enjoy :)

Btw- I know this chapter is hella short, bear with me children...

***

***

How we got from the parking lot to the 15th floor in record time just to have sex all over again, was truly puzzling to me. All I remembered was being carried up a staircase and then....that's it. That didn't matter as we both laid by the fire as we loved to do while we were in the city. The bed had been fixed while we were gone but instead, he took the mattress, pillows, and blankets to lay them out for us. He stroked my hair as I draped my leg over his body, snuggling into his chest.

"You know that I'd give my life up to protect you Ashlyn, I love you too damn much." I looked up him, placing kisses along his jawline then finally, his lips.

"I know but it won't have to come to that. I love you, too damn much. Don't forget that I've taken down a werewolf before." I joked, to try and lighten the mood. He smiled but it didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Jason isn't just a werewolf, he's pure evil."

"I know Rayne, I do."

I appreciated the warmth from him and the fire roaring in front of us for a few more moments before getting up to use the bathroom.Throwing on a robe, I grabbed my phone off of the nightstand and closed the bathroom door behind me. Leaning against it, I saw that I had a handful of missed calls from my mother. My mom, I haven't spoken to her or my father ever since I left for Vancouver. I knew the reason behind it but I was so caught up in everything that not once, have I called my mom. I could talk to her about anything and she always had the right answer. I called her back and braced myself for her motherly outbursts.

"Honey? My god, hello?" She said in astonishment.

"Yes mommy-"

"Baby, before you say anything please let me talk. I am so, so, so sorry that all of this is happening. You don't understand how many times I tried to contact you, through the payphone, email anyway I could get in touch with you. Of course this was before we got compromised but after that, I couldn't sleep, nor eat I was worried sick about you." She paused, sniffling on the other end of the phone. I was too, a lone tear streaming down my face. I didn't realize how much I needed to hear my mother's voice.

"Today, we fixed the issue and the first chance I got my hands on a phone, I called you right away. I missed you so much, goodness gracious!" She exclaimed, taking a few deep breaths.

"I missed you more, mom." I tried to hide the shakiness in my voice but it was no use.

"I know you're scared, baby. I am too, frightened even. Your father and I, the council and the pack are doing everything we can to keep you and our family safe-"

"Why hasn't Dad spoken to me? He's contacted Rayne, but why not me?" I cut in, feeling hurt by my father's ways. I knew that everything he did had a good reason behind it but with all the Jason drama, I couldn't imagine a good reason.

"He's been working day and night to protect the community and most of all, you. He barely has time for me as it is and when he does, we sit in the living room and look at your childhood photos. He's doing everything he can and beyond my love, don't think it's anything other than that." I sighed, wiping the stray tear from my face.

"Thank you mom."

"For?"

"Being here for me, as you should." I joked, hearing her light chuckle on the other end of the phone. I jumped a little when I heard a knock on the door.

"Is everything okay Ash?" Rayne asked concerned. My mom on the other hand, chuckled evilly.

"Is that my son-in-law? I've been meaning to ask you, have you guys...you know...started working on my grand kids yet?!" She asked hopefully. I face palmed myself and shook my head. She just had to bring that up! I cleared my throat and started humming, purposefully trying to hint to her I wasn't going into any details.

"Did you guys at least mate yet? Yes or no, I don't need any details!" She pleaded. Here goes nothing...

" Yes mom, we have-"

"YAS, YAS, YASSS!-I mean, are you guys being safe?" She screamed into the phone, making my ears ring a little.

"Mother, why?" I whined. Where's the chill?

"I only ask because I love you, and the pack doctor called me when she couldn't get in contact with you."

"Well, what did she say?" She started humming like I had done earlier when I didn't want to talk.

"Mama please?!" I exclaimed. I had a scheduled phone consultation with the doctor after the meeting but it ran later than expected.

"Fine, fine. She said something about your hormone levels, well I pried that much out of her because the information is supposed to be confidential. You should give her a call now, I don't want to but I'll leave you to it. I love you honey, and I can't wait to see you!" We exchanged more words of endearment and then we finally said goodbye.

"Helloooo, sexy mate with a hard-on out here." Rayne said from outside, I laughed as I locked the door on purpose.

"Hey, sexy mate with a phone consultation with her gynecologist in here!" I exclaimed and I heard his footsteps move further away from the door. Strangely, that always creeps guys out for some reason. I dialed Dr. Andrews' number and she picked up on the 2nd ring.

"Hello, Ms. Black. How is everything?" She asked politely.

"Everything is...going. My mother told me we had some things to discuss about my hormones?" I asked cautiously. I was aware of the possible, expected bodily changes after mating with Rayne. Since I was human, my body would react differently. How much different? I had no clue.

"Yes we do actually. I must ask, have you and Mr. Michaelson mated recently?" My cheeks heated up when I replied with a barely audible yes.

"I suspected just that. One of my assistants pointed out that there was a change in a blood sample of yours that we took weeks before you left town. I observed the sample carefully and I discovered that there's been a spike in your hormonal levels. That birth control device that I installed for you months before is still effective but I suggest that you have a new one installed, just for precaution since it's getting old."

After carefully asking questions and listening to my doctor carefully, she scheduled an appointment once I got back to town to install the new device. I wanted to be careful, with everything going on I couldn't possibly think about adding Rayne Jr's into the equation. I hung up once everything was settled and rubbed my temples. Today was the climax of this whole entire business trip and I needed a break. Stripping my robe off, I turned on the shower stream.

"Wait for me!" Rayne called out, making me yelp when he busted through the door, throwing us into the shower together in record time.

"How...why? That was so extra!" I exclaimed, eyes agape. He busted out laughing, slapping his knees for exaggeration.

"They don't call me Rayne Extra Michaelson for nothing, sweet cheeks." He said smoothly, pinching my backside.

"Whoever they may be, actually don't call you that at all." I said snarkily, turning on the hot water.

"You want to bet?" He said with a raised brow. Yes I do,really.