chpt. 15

*Publishing this a week early because I hit my next 1000 reads! You guys are the best💖 p.s play the song when she starts driving! Vote vote vote!

>>>>>>

<Rayne>

"Ashlyn!? Ashlyn?!" I called out frantically.

All I heard was her screams and the growls of a man struggling to get her to quiet down. She's in danger, someone was trying to get a hold of her. I was fucking livid. Who the fuck had the balls to try and hurt her? A sickening sense of realization hit me. Now all I could think about was tearing Jason and his minions, limb from limb. I automatically knew he was behind this, sending out his minions to do the dirty work for him. He's trying to harm our mate! We have to find her! My wolf shouted frantically. I could feel faint pangs of fear and adrenaline coursing through my chest. This was coming from my Mate.

A wave of pain washed over me at the thought of her being harmed. My fists were so tightly clenched they were starting to go numb. I was supposed to reconcile with her tonight. Shower her with warmth, kisses, and apologize to her over and over again even though she said she forgave me. I heavily regretted what I did with Blair and it drove my Mate away from me as a result. Being without her made me feel like I lost the most dearest thing to me in the world. I realized that I couldn't possibly be without her and I needed her. To learn to love me as much as I loved her, to help me lead my pack, and one day be the mother of my children. I was falling deeply in love with her day by day and being away from her only strengthened my feelings. I needed to find her and bring her back to me. Keep her safe with us. My wolf added.

Once I did, she's never, ever leaving my sight. Right when I was about to leave for the woods to shift, my father mindlinked me. We have an issue. Jason sent 5 of his fighters over the border in an area we don't usually have patrols. I alerted the 2nd closest border patrols to be prepared for the encounter. I also sent some trackers...and they picked up Ashlyn's scent by where the enemies have crossed . At this point, I was seething with rage, seeing red. I'm taking a few of our strongest fighters with me. I'm going to find her and bring her back here. She's going to stay with us, I won't have it any other way. I replied and my Wolf agreed. He was pacing back and forth impatiently, waiting to be let out to go find our Mate.

Very well. I know you will bring her back safely. Show them not to mess with our pack son. I cut off the link then sent mental messages to some of my best fighters and closest friends Toby, Mike, Joshua, and Nathan. I hurried out of my home and they shortly joined me in the woods.

"Here's the plan, first we track Ashlyn and once her safety is ensured, we then tear those fuckers to shreds." I bother to try to conceal the anger in my tone. My Wolf was dangerous seconds away from breaking out on his own as his voice merged with mine.

I was shaking with rage while my Wolf clawed desperately, trying to get out. They gave me stern nods and we all shifted in no time. I was larger than all of them but size didn't matter in this case, they were the strongest and I needed them. My Wolf howled ferociously, signaling that we were out for blood. My members joined me in the sound then waited for me to give the orders. Nathan mindlinked me. We'll get her back. We'll show Silver Moon not to fuck with us. And with that, I took off running to the location my father sent me. They will pay with their lives.

I'm coming Ashlyn.

>>>>>>>

<Ashlyn>

I hightailed it out of there. I sped off so fast I gave myself whiplash. I still had no idea where I was going but I continued to drive in the direction away from the body a.k.a. werewolf sludge. I was slightly shaking from what just occurred. I was almost kidnapped and I had an idea who was behind it. Jason. Who else would want to kidnap me? It made sense that he would because of Leila. His name rolling off my tongue made me cringe in disgust. Not only is he after my pack but he's after me too. My guess is that he would've held me hostage until Alpha Jackson agreed to give them their lands back. He could a) Send me back in one piece or b) Send me back in pieces. The thought made me chuckle humoressly. Whenever I was scared, I always tried to make a joke.