chpt.33

The song goes A M A Z I N G L Y W E L L with the chapter, I listened to it while writing.

Don't kill me for this chapter! 

Love you guys <3

•••

He continued to ascend up the stairs like an animal, desperate to get away from a predator. He was unaffected by my weight as he jumped steps, skipped many at a time, and all the while not breaking a sweat. Me however, I was a mess. My hair still wasn't dry from the pool, my nose was congested, my lips were dry and bitter tasting from the chlorine, and I felt dizzy not only from Rayne's acrobatics, but from the images that were tormenting my mind.

Chad's malicious eyes traveling up and down my body as he smiled wickedly, revealing his elongated incisor. What was up with that? I could usually tell apart werewolves from humans but he was...different.

Images of me being dragged away by Jason, leaving my loved ones behind to slaughter while he used me for whatever he had planned with my blood. I couldn't bear it, the thought of me being the reason why all of the people that I love were dead. Suddenly, the thought of me giving myself to Jason didn't sound so bad. Oh my goodness, I'm losing it, I'm losing my mind! He's crazy, there has to be another way! I opened my eyes, focusing on Rayne's flawless profile instead. Even from this angle, the urgency and determination to get to safety was evident on his face.

After reaching the sixth flight of stairs, he pushed open a door that led to an upper level parking garage. There, awaited our sleek black SUV along with our guards, clad in all black suits, sunglasses, and Bluetooth devices on their ears. My ankle had healed long ago but dried blood stained my skin in a dark brown ringlet. Spotting us they assisted us into the car and let us know that our luggage and checkout of the hotel had been taken care of.

After buckling ourselves in, Rayne nodded at the driver and he took off at such a speed, it had to be illegal. We zipped and whirled past incoming cars and onto the late night traffic of Vancouver. Seeing the vibrant city lights and the joyous looks of pedestrians enjoying the nightlife was once my source of entertainment , but now in this dire situation it made me jealous as we drove into the night.

They looked carefree as they laughed and stumbled drunk along the sidewalks. One guy had his arm draped around a girl, whose legs were wobbling so much I thought that she was doing the stanky leg. I wished that I was in their place instead, actually anything sounded better than having a sociopathic werewolf chasing after me.

"Where are we going?" I asked the driver, lowering the privacy screen.

"To the airport, miss." My stomach churned at the thought of sitting thousands of feet in the air, with nothing but a seat belt and an oxygen mask to ensure my safety. I'd have to toughen up and deal with it though, driving 48 hours back to Maine was out of the question. It still didn't make things anymore pleasant.

"Um, which airport?" I asked, growing anxious.

"Vancouver International, miss." I thanked him and looked up the airport on Google. I went full on Sherlock Holmes in this airport investigation because I wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to be flying to my death tonight. I scrolled and scanned through various review pages, seeing that the airport had a good reputation. That did little to cease my growing anxiety. Exiting the app, I saw my home screen, a picture of Rayne and I laughing. It was from one of our dates back home, after we saw the new Spongebob movie and couldn't stop giggling about how great it was and how awkward it looked to be the only adults among a sea of little kids. Looking over at him, I found that he was already staring at me.