chpt. 27

Did I just upload two chapters in one week? Yes I did!

Show your appreciation with votes my loves! <3

P.S.- Play the song towards the end of the chapter ;)! There's a picture up top of who my inspirations for Ashlyn and Rayne are. If any of you watch HTWGAWM then you'll know who she is, if not you should give the show a try!

•••

The rest of the reception was going by quite smoothly. Rayne introduced me to Blake and Lisa and they were the most sweetest couple I've ever met. Lisa hugged me twice and complimented my appearance constantly while Blake stated how fate made the right choice by pairing us together. I was overwhelmed with gratitude and flattery at this point and Lisa said one last thing that I'd never forget.

"The eye holds what the mouth yearns to say. That look in his eyes while he looks at you, is something equivalent to pure infatuation."

I couldn't help but take it as a sign that something amazing was going to happen tonight.

Settling at our table, Rayne and I were served rich quality steaks and savory appetizers with a sparkling glass of champagne. I'm not a huge fan of alcohol so I only took a sip before pushing the glass aside, the taste didn't sit right with me at all. Rayne on the other hand, took this as the oppurtunity to swipe my glass and chug it down, then drank his.

"Slow down or else you're going to get drunk! I don't feel like dragging you out of the mansion," I reprimanded. He stared at me and laughed.

"It's going to take at least 30 glasses to get me drunk, being a Wolf means that I can metabolize alcohol twice as fast," He replied while taking a sip. I crossed my arms and tilted my head a little to the side.

"Alcohol breath is a no no, keep drinking or else you won't be getting any of these for the whole night." I said, pointing to my lips. His eyes drifted down to my lips, licking his lower lip, then back to my gaze. I win again.

"Fine, anything for you babe." He sighed. I smiled and gave him a swift kiss on the cheek. We ended up having a heated debate on why giving up alcohol is good, until the current upbeat song cut off.

Suddenly, the lights dimmed in the room and How Will I Know by Sam Smith came on. His smooth, angelic voice echoed throughout the ballroom and soon, couples started to make their way to the dance floor.

"Awe." I said as I watched the couples grace the ballroom floor. They all looked so in love and happy as the embraced each other for the dance. I heard shuffling next to me so I turned and saw Rayne standing over me, offering me his hand. I tried to cover up my grin at what he was indicating but failed miserably to do so.

"May I have this dance?" He asked in a smooth, velvety voice. My cheeks heated up as I took his hand.

I was a pretty good dancer but this setting was significantly different than the welcoming party that was thrown a while ago. It was more romantic, more intense.

"You may," He grinned and led us out to join the couples in the center of the dance floor.

We stood directly under the spotlight of the chandelier and it just felt like it was the two of us in the room, no one else mattered. He firmly placed his hands around my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck. We swayed slowly to the music, reveling in our closeness. I felt pangs of joy in my chest as I realized Rayne was mirroring my emotion. I wanted to be even closer so I laid my head upon his shoulder, taking in his scent. It was like time slowed down and gave us the opportunity to appreciate this sweet moment.