chpt. 20

Play the song once you get to the middle, enjoy loves! I also hit 17K recently and i'm at 500 votes, you guys are awesome! *does the happy dance* Keep the votes and the lovely comments coming in and stay tuned for more!

•••

Rayne was currently sorting through some sketches on a 'super duper top secret project' that he was working on. I tried to peek several times but I was exiled to the other side of the room. Once again, I didn't like being kept out of the loop!

After mentally cursing him out, I laid on our new bed sorting through social media apps on my phone. It felt like absolute heaven, it was plush and ridiculously comfortable. I got a text from Ella.

"Have you seen the closet? Luna Aria let me get a sneak peek you lucky bitch!" I smiled proudly and replied back.

"Yes, It's amazing El! I have to thank her it's probably worth a fortune!"

I knew that the Alphas had money judging by how grand the home was but I didn't know that they had 'money money'. I wouldn't say that I was rich but my parents have always made sure that there was food on my plate, clothes on my body, and an education to receive in order to pursue a successful career in law. My father has worked his butt off to be in such a powerful position but he's never let the power corrupt him. He's still the same overprotective, role model of a father that's raised me and that I love with all of my heart.

"Puh lease, they're flithy rich Lynnie. It was probably chump change to her," Ella swiftly replied.

"So? I'm still going to thank her regardless-"

I didn't get the chance to type a reply back because I feel a firm grip around my ankles and I was flipped off of my stomach. I met Rayne's hazel gaze. I was so wrapped up in my conversation with Ella that I didn't notice that he approached me.

"What the-really?!" I squealed.

"I called your name twice and you didn't answer me. Had to get your attention somehow," He said while shrugging his shoulders.

"A light tap on the shoulder would've been more sufficient," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

I usually don't get so worked up over him playing around with me. Images from my attack flashed in my mind when he grabbed my ankles. The attackers menancing eyes, his growl, he radiated pure evil. It sent goosebumps through my body as the thoughts invaded my mind.

"Get the hell off of me!" I screamed, trying to get free.

"You little bitch! Get over here!" He barked angrily.

"What's wrong?" He asked worriedly. I blinked out of my daze and realized that tears were threatening to fall.

I never had a chance to cry or go into detail about what happened, it happened so fast and my mental state was induced by the adrenaline and fear running through my veins at the time. I was frightened that I'd never see my best friend, my parents, and Rayne ever again. The last time I saw Rayne before that night was almost two weeks ago and I didn't know what was going to happen to me and it made my heart swell with hysteria, what if he got a hold of me?

"Ash-" He stopped when I looked up at him.

A tear slipped out of my eye, and then another. I looked away, I didn't want him to see me cry. Tell him, he deserves to know. My subconscious pleaded with me. If I held my emotions in any longer, they would slowly eat away at me and destroy me from the inside out. I made sure to strengthen my barriers soon after the attack, I didn't want him to bring it up so early for I was trying to cope with that fact that I was alive and at home, safe. I wasn't ready to face him on the subject just yet and because of that fear, neither of us mentioned it for the sake of enjoying the sweet aftermath. I needed to vent to him despite how much I wanted to lock the memories away into the darkest corners of my mind, it was the only way to truly move past it by facing it head on. It was hard because I was never an emotionally verbal person in the first place. I heard him gasp inwardly and he pulled me to his chest, it only made the tears flow even more now that I was thinking about not having this his warmth again if my attacker had succeeded. I clutched onto his shirt and he placed his hand on the back of my neck.