chpt. 24

The car ride into Vancouver was fascinating, the flashing lights of the city zoomed past me as we sped away into the night. The loomimg skyscrapers above us made the city alive as they glowed and shined underneath the moonlight.

Hopping out of the car, I sped towards the entrance in an attempt to get away from an erratic Rayne, trying to lick my face. The nap he took earlier guaranteed that he was going to be gettimg any sleep anytime soon. As for me, I was in need of a steaming hot shower and a nice, cozy pillow. He was extremely playful at the moment and once he caught up to me, I darted around the car. We looked like children playing a game of tag and he just wouldn't stop! My legs were tired and I just wanted to goto bed.

"Rayne, please I'm tired!" I whined, out of breath.

"Give me a kiss then!" He replied.

"But your breath smells like-Rayne, come on-eww!" He left a slobbery trail behind on my cheek as he swiped his tongue upwards.

"What's your deal!?" I asked, wiping the saliva off with the back of my sweater sleeve.

"I'm sorry! I'm just excited..." He admitted, his cheeks turning a rosy pink. I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"About?" I drawled on. He rocked back and forth on his heels with a nervous look on his face. I crossed my arms.

"Spit it out Michaelson!" He looked up at me and his eyes swirled for a moment with gold before turning back to it's normal hazelish brown color.

"Being here, with you. No interruptions..." I caught onto what he meant. His Wolf thinks it's our chance to mate while on this trip. Surprisingly, I wasn't scared. I was filled with anticipation, I really wanted it to happen already. My heartbeat quickened just thinking about it and I looked at him from underneath my eyelashes.

"I'm excited too, It's about time we have sometime alone together." I said slowly, taking his hand into mine. The contact shot tingles through my fingertips, it was like a transfer of heat and bliss happened whenever we touched one another.

"I couldn't agree more." He said, raising my hand to his lips and placing a lingering kiss onto it. The guards walked in front of us, dragging our luggage behind them, stopping to give us curt nods before continuing. With our hands still intertwined, we followed behind them into the hotel.

•••

The interior of the hotel reeked of opulence and luxury. Aria really went all out for us, even though we were only staying in the city for two nights. The walls were a muted cremé with a dome-shaped ceiling with golden lions painted onto it. The gold reflected off of the grandeur chandelier that hung in the center of it, giving the lighting an ethereal glow. The floors were a peach colors with golden borders separating the tiles. I nodded my head in approval, it was the most splendid hotel I've been to. I've only been to one other hotel when I went to Pennsylvania for Hershey Park. It didn't match up to this one, that was for sure.

The guards already checked us in and motioned for us to follow them into the elevator. I noticed that the receptionist was making googley eyes at my man. I smiled when I remembered that I didn't have to feel intimidated anymore, he was mine.

The elevator ride was the longest ride ever. Our room was on the 15th floor of the hotel and currently we were on the 9th. I leaned against the wall, still tired from the car ride and in need of a warm pillow. I tried to get comfortable against the wall but it was no use. I looked at Rayne who looked equally as tired now. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him. I instantly felt comfortable and sighed at the blissful feeling.

"I'll gladly be your pillow." He joked. I squeezed my arms tighter around him.

"Good, you should be used to it by now hon." He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me tighter.