chpt.30

Play the song towards the end of the chapter, I think it goes well with the chapter. Enjoy my lovelies!!

P.S. I lovessss me some votes ;)!

•••

"I'm not wearing this to the conference!"

Rayne insisted that he should choose my outfit for the conference, and it was literally the most constricting, mismatched thing in the universe. A doodoo brown turtleneck sweater, slacks, and a pair of nurse shoes to complete this sad look. Where'd he even get these clothes?!

He on the other hand, was dying of laughter on his knees in the middle of the room while I stood in front of the mirror in undiluted horror. He purposely made me look like a hot mess because...why? After I gave him the goodies this morning, I have to say I am offended.

"This is, the hottest, I've ever seen you look!!" He said in between laughs. I rolled my eyes and started to strip off my clothes, throwing them at him as I looked in the closet for a professional outfit.

"Haha, laugh it up now. You won't be laughing when I leave you with blue balls for the remainder of the trip."

And then there was silence. 1 for me, 0 for him.

"That's so cruel..." He squinted his eyes and shook his head, making me giggle.

"That horrible attempt at covering me up was cruel. Now stop complaining and get dressed!" He sighed and bowed his head.

"Yes mother." I shook my head as I laughed, earning a kiss on my cheek as he picked his clothes out from the closet opposite me. Oh no you don't.

"Put those back, I'm choosing your outfit and I'll actually make you look good." He opened his mouth to protest but I cut in by grabbing his crotch.

"Blue balls..." I warned and he stepped aside within a matter of seconds.

"Well then, make me look sexy." He nervously chuckled, making me cross my arms in triumph.

2 for me, 0 for Rayne.

•••

R.

"Come on, we're going to be late!" Ash called out from the hallway. I looked between her and my phone which was ringing off the charts.

Marcus Black is calling.

I had to take this call especially since I haven't heard from him since that night. I've tried out to him, my parents and no one is answering. It frustrated and angered me to the point where I was slowly starting to shut Ashlyn out again. I'm trying my best not to, for we had just mated the night before. I didn't think a connection so strong and solely mine could exist, all until last night. She was officially a part of my soul, and having such a sense of completion and wholeness made my heart beat with glee, but wrench at the thought of losing her.

God forbid anything horrible should happen to her, but I'd go crazy without her. I loved this woman with such a reckless abandon that if she dies, I'll ultimately die too. No one will understand how much I need her by my side.

"Wait for me by the elevator, I'll be right there." She gave me a thumbs up and resumed playing Bejeweled on her phone. I finally answered the call, moving away from the room door.

"How's my little girl?" He said with stress evident in his tone.

"Safe. Why on earth haven't you reached out to me? Keeping this secret of yours almost ruined our relationship-"