Chapter 13

"Bye (y/n)! Bye Toru! Love you MUAH MUAH!" Oikawa's mom yells from the front door. He waves at them with a mad look then opens the car door for me.

"Wow, such a gentleman!" I chuckles, getting in the car.

"Don't get used to it. It's only because my mom was watching." He rolls his eyes, starting the car. I look out the window when I see him take a wrong turn.

"Hey, aren't we supposed to go that way?" I ask, pointing to the exit we missed.

"I wanna show you something first." He says, tapping the steering wheel to the beat of the music. I love it when he does that. I don't know why, I just do.

We halt and he gets out of the car before I do.
"What are you-" I cut myself off when I see him setting down a blanket on the ground. The view was immaculate.
The sunset and the ocean. Orange in the air. The sun reflecting on the water making it sparkle. Seagulls flying in the air.

"Toru, it's beautiful." I gasp, sitting down on the blanket.

"Aw thanks. I just thought it would be a good idea. I always liked this place." He smiles, taking a seat beside me. He puts his legs up to his chest and shuts his eyes, taking a deep breathe from his nose.

The sun shines against his face, making it shine. His hair looked so soft and shiny, moving in the breeze.
You could see faint little freckles on his nose. He looks sensitive. Calm.

"Doesn't the air smell good?" He whispers. I turn to the view and take a deep breathe myself. It smelt fresh. Sweet almost. It was humid, but not too humid.

"Yeah. It does." I sigh, laying down on the blanket with my hands resting on my stomach.
I hear rustling and turn to see Oikawa laying beside me.

He turns his head so that we're facing each other.

"Hey." He whispers smiling.

"Hey." I smile back. I never noticed how pretty his eyes were. Brown, but so much more than that. I could get lost in them.

All these little details I've never noticed before are all coming to me right now.

His hair has some tints of red in it. Natural red. His hair coming out as a darker brown.

His nose is faintly freckled, but only his nose. His nose is always a little red. Just a little.

When he smiles his eyes smile too. You can see his eyes light up.

"Toru?" I whisper.

"Hm?" He answers. We're still just looking at each other intently. It's like time stopped.

"Are we a couple?" I ask. I didn't want to wreck the moment, but it's been stuck in my mind since we went on our first date.
He turns his head to look up to the sky.

"Do you want to be a couple?" He asked, reaching his hand up to the sky, as if he was reaching for the clouds.

"I... well I-"
"I do." He says, cutting me off. He drops his hand and turns to me again, inching closer. I do the same.

"(Y/N), I want to be with you. You're amazing and smart and kind." He lists a few more things before shutting himself up.
He looks at me intently. All his emotions in his eyes.
"Can I kiss you?" He whispers. He's gentle.

I nod and he puts his lips on mine. A slow, passionate kiss.

It felt fresh.

It felt free.

He backs away and warmly smiles.
"You don't have to answer the question yet. Take as much time as you want." He says, turning back to the sky.
Do I want to be in a relationship with him?
Of course.
Why can't I say so?
I don't want to get hurt again.

I look back up to the sky too. The sky was now dark and blue-ish. The sound of the waves echoed. The stars were poking out. Shining brightly...Until a cloud came and blocked them.

I feel a drip on my forehead.

"Did you just sneeze or something?" I ask Oikawa.
"Uhhhh,.. no?" He answers with a confused tone.

Another drip. Another, another, another.

Rain suddenly begins POURING down on us. He quickly sits up and takes off his sweater, holding it over my head. I push the sweater away laughing.

"THIS IS SO COOL!" I yell, jumping up and spreading my arms to absorb the rain. The feeling of it running down my face. Warm. I close my eyes and let the rain drops land on my eyelids.
I notice Oikawa being quiet.
I turn around with a huge smile to see Oikawa staring at me, holding his chest near his heart.
His eyes have something hiding in them.
What is it?

(It's love.)

He snaps out of it and walks up to me.
"Care for a dance?" He bows with a hand out.
"Of course kind sir!" I laugh, taking his hand. He puts a hand on my waist and holds the other in his hand.
I put one hand on his shoulder and the other in his hand.

My hair's soaked. His shirt's stuck to him.
We're both laughing.
Not a single care in the world.

It's just me and him. Dancing in the rain. Soaking wet. Nothing stopping us.

Youth.

Hope you liked this chapter! I thought it was really cute‼️

Stay safe and healthy!
-ElloLuv212 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨