Chapter 5

"Put me down, or you die." I threaten, kicking and hitting Oikawa who was carrying me on his shoulder.

"No." He smirks and keeps walking around the dorm hallways with a coffee in his other hand,  casually sipping it.

"People have classes. Just put me down it's embarrassing!" I whine, giving up on hitting him.

"This is payback. Sorry sweetheart." He answers, still smiling. A guy passes by and waves to Oikawa, not questioning me on his shoulder. Oikawa says hey and continues walking. Multiple people start coming out of their dorms and wave to Oikawa. Very few acknowledging me.

"Don't call me sweetheart." I grumble under my breath. He winks at me and goes back to greeting people.

Regrets. Oh so many regrets.
_________
~earlier that day~

"Catch!" I yell to Oikawa, throwing him an apple.
"Boom. Caught it." He says proudly, taking a bite.

"It wasn't that cool." Kuroo rolls his eyes at us. I throw him one and it hits him right on the head. "Whatever, I wasn't ready." He sighs, taking a bite of the apple.
"That's what a loser would say." Suga laughs, grabbing an apple himself. Kuroo flips him off and Suga gasps.

"That was very rude of you." He sits down beside Yachi at the table, trying to get work done. She has papers and her laptop scattered all over the table. She looks dead inside.

"YACHI! SAY SOMETHING RANDOM!" I yell to her. She looks up to us and then panics.
"Uh...um... I DON'T KNOW!" She yells, covering her face either her hands. On the verge of a breakdown. Suga pats her back and she freezes, clearly shook by the touch.

"Ok well uh, I don't know, VOLLEYBALL!" She screams. Suga flinches from the sudden noise and leans back in his chair, taking his hand off Yachi's back.

"That works. You go first." I point to Oikawa who's leaning against a wall in the living room.
"Aight. Are you volleyball? Because I could play you all night. Happily." He smirks, walking over to me and leaning on his arm that's beside where I'm sitting.

"TACKY!" Kuroo yells from the living room. Oikawa rolls his eyes and stares at me, signalling for me to go.

"Ok. Uh... Hah, ok I got one... Are you somewhat good at volleyball? You should have gone to Shiratorizawa." I smile at him.

"That isn't a pick-up line." He rolls his eyes, leaning his face closer to mine.

"I know. I just like bugging you" I lean closer to him with a grin. I kid you not, our faces were at most 2 inches apart. We just stared at each other with evil looks. I notice I couldn't focus on anything else.

"Are you guys gonna kiss?" Suga asks from the table. I back away with a red face, then shove Oikawa away.
"NO! Suga, give us another word." I change the subject.

"Clouds." Suga responds.

"Pfft, this is too easy." Oikawa laughs, jumping onto the counter to sit beside me.
"I think you're a drug, because you've always got me on cloud 9." Oikawa says, nudging me in the side.

"You know you can be on cloud 9 without drugs right?" I laugh. He puts his hand to his chin, thinking, then turns back to me.
"I choose to ignore that remark." He smiles, finishing his apple.

"Both you guys suck." Kenma says from the couch.

"I still think you should have gone to Shiratorizawa." I say to Oikawa. He gives me an annoyed look.

"I'll get you back for that. Just wait. I will." He hops off the counter and leaves my dorm with a sly grin. Not breaking eye contact until he's out the door.
_________
~back to present time~

"Shit. Oikawa put me down, I'm gonna miss my history class and my teacher really doesn't like me to start with."  I say, squirming off his shoulder. Oikawa set me down and pushes me against the wall.

"We wouldn't want that, now would we?" He whispers, getting closer to me. I feel his breath on my face. A shiver goes up my spine. I start to panic. Why does he do this to me? Is he just playing games? Does he actually have feelings for me? This is so frustrating!

"Exactly. Now get out of my way please!" I say, ducking under his arm.
He drops his arms and stuffs his hands into his pockets.
I turn to look away but he's already talking to another girl. Better luck next time I guess.

When I get into my class, on time thankfully, I can't focus on anything. All I can think about is what could be different if I acted without thinking. If I did what I wanted. Would me and Oikawa be dating? If I kissed him then in the hall, would he kiss me back?

Of course not. He acts that way with everyone after all.