Chapter 7

"Dark or light?" Yachi asks, looking through her makeup.

"Uh, light?" I answer. If I wear dark clothes dark makeup would just be too much...right?
"Okie!" She smiles, applying some light pink eyeshadow. I cringe while looking in the mirror.

"Uh, can you let me do it?" I ask. She drops her hand to her side and sighs.
"Finnnneeeeee." She walks out of the room to get my outfit. When she gets back in holding the outfit I start to panic a bit.
"Can I just..." I take the boots and replace them with Nike Dunks. (My favourite multicoloured ones).

"Really? Sneakers with a pleaded skirt?" Yachi asks, leaning against the wall. She was biting her finger while watching me pick out a shirt.

"Yes. Oh and this shirt." I smile, taking an oversized, vintage Nike sweatshirt.
"It'll be perfect with the skirt. It'll look sporty y'know?" I smile, laying out the clothes.

"Didn't you say to wear something nice? This is very casual." She sighs, taking a closer look at the clothes.

"Fine, then I'll add a collared shirt under the Nike sweatshirt. Sound good?" I sighed, reaching into her closet.
"That's a bit better." She smiles. I grab my phone to text Oikawa.

Me
Don't dress too fancy.
Just don't look like trash.

Flat-ass🚪
That won't be hard.
I never look like trash 😏

Me
🙄
Don't flatter yourself

Flat-ass🚪
Too late, I already did

I roll my eyes at the screen and shove my phone back into my pocket.

"Who was that?" Yachi asks while taking out her straightener and curling iron.
"Just Oikawa. I told him not to dress like trash." I laugh a bit to myself.
"Well that won't be hard for him." Yachi laughs. She lays down on her bed and turns on her phone.

"Do you have something for him?" I finally ask. She looks away from her phone and kicks me in the side.
"You don't have to be madly in love to tell that boy's hot." She laughs. I laugh along with her. We spend a few hours just chilling on her bed until it's 7:45.

"Yachi. Tell me, how do you kiss someone?" I ask out of pure nervousness.
She spits out her drink and starts laughing her head off.

"Chill. It isn't gonna be as intense as in movies." She's still laughing.

"Whatever. I'm gonna get changed now." I groan, moping over to my bedroom to get changed. As odd as it may be, I'm actually dreading the date. Usually if I'm nervous, it's never an excited kind of nervous, it's always just regret. But, most of the time I'm happy I did what I did in the end.

I get changed into my outfit and tie my hair in a ponytail. I walk out of the room and go to open a bag of chips.
"No. You guys are having supper together right? Don't spoil it!" Yachi whined, taking the chips away from me. I sigh and plop down on the couch. 5 more minutes. Only 5 more minutes-

Knock knock knock

HOLY CRAP, ITS BEEN 5 MINUTES. I run to my room to get my bag and throw myself out the door, slamming it before Yachi can say anything. I bump right into Oikawa.

"Uh, what's the rush?" He asks laughing. I look at him and damn. He's wearing a somewhat fitted button up shirt with regular jeans, but the blue of his shirt complimented his complexion and eyes perfectly. Not to mention you could see how toned he was.

"I- I just... I'll explain on the road. Let's go." I smile, pulling his arm. We get to his car and he takes a minute to start it.

"So what was the rush?" He smiles at me. I sigh and lean back in my chair.

"I didn't want Yachi to say anything dumb." I play with my bag's strap.
"Pfft, she wouldn't say anything dumb, besides we're just too cool for that right?" He smiles, giving me a fist-bump.
"Oh hell yes. We are legends." I laugh, buckling myself. I realize now that I didn't need to panic, Oikawa's just silly Oikawa and I'm just his partner in crime.

"So, where do you wanna go?" He asks while backing out of the college campus.

"Uhhhhhh, somewhere not too fancy because I'm underdressed and I don't want to be around snooty people." I say casually, looking out the window. He nods and we end up at Burger King.

"Here's the plan, we sneak into the play set and scare children, then we get our food, THEN we leave in style, sporting crowns. Sound good?" He whispers while we walk in. I give him an exaggerated thumbs up and we run to the play set.

"RACE YOU!" I yell, climbing up until I reach a little "secret" area right before the slide. He got up beside me just a second later.
"Hah, you lost." I stick out my tongue. He looks at me with a grin.
"I got to see up your skirt so It's fine with me." He sticks his tongue back out at me. I gasp and feel my face turn red. He laughs and pokes my cheek.

"Chill, I'm just joking. I almost looked though." He smiles at me. I hit him in the arm, making him yelp. A little boy with orange hair came up the slide. Aren't you supposed to go down those things?

"Hey! What are you guys doing there?" He asks in his cute high pitched voice.
"We're on a date." Oikawa smiles at him.
"What's a date?" The kid asks.
"Go ask your mommy and daddy. They'll tell you." I smile at him. The kid goes down the slide with a questioning look.

"He's gonna blow our cover, let's get some food." Oikawa says, going down the slide. I nod and follow behind him making sure to hold my skirt down this time.

We order our food and sit down at a close-by table.
To my surprise he sits beside me. I was expecting him to sit across from me.
I take a bite of my burger we have a regular conversation. Like regular friends. He leans closer to me and I see him putting his hand closer to my face. He looks focused. I freeze. Is it gonna happen? Are we gonna kiss?

"Here." He smiles, and wipes off something I had on my face. Ah. Well that hurt.
I will cringe thinking back at this very moment for years to come.

I mutter a "thanks" and finish up my food. He does the same and picks up both our stuff.

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna work up the courage, and I'm gonna kiss him. Later. I will. A real one.