Chapter 31: I Will Always Love You

By nightfall, everyone was back at the campsite, Lincoln had the barbecue pit going and was cooking up a storm, Raven kept bugging him over and over again for food and Anya thanked the gods that they bought extra meat and stuff for Raven was fit and she could eat a whole cow. Like literally. Octavia was helping Lincoln out, Anya and Lexa setting up the tarp over each and everyone's tents for they heard the weather forecast that it was going to rain somewhere in the early morning and so they had to have it prepared. Clarke was grabbing the drink bottles from the car and then watched Lexa helping Anya. They had taken a swim after Lexa talked about Costia, how much it hurt to have to spend 4 years together and just walk away from all those years. Even with Wells, it was only a year together and she lost him. No wonder why Lexa refused to believe in fairy tales. Because the one she loved walked away from their fairy tale ending. But Lexa was doing fine, she was still smiling and laughing, as if the weight of the world had finally lifted off her shoulders somehow. During their make out session in the water earlier, Clarke instinctively remembered what Lexa had told her.

"You changed my life and my world Clarke. I will always love you for that."

It was a bittersweet moment that Lexa was finally opening up to see that life is so much better than the dull colours of a painting. The second day they met, Lexa was so against the idea of fairy tales, that they weren't real, but now, she even lulled Clarke to sleep with fairy tales that she would make up in her head, how sweet their endings would be and how their life was a fairy-tale. Clarke looked up to the sky and remembered seeing an empty hill just further in the forest, and she wanted to take Lexa there to see the stars. Lexa had a thing for space and she saw Lexa a couple of times standing outside of their room balcony looking up at night when Clarke was asleep.

"Come on Griffin. Time to get drink drunk drama!" Raven hollers and Clarke shakes her head.

"Hey Clarke, think you can play the guitar?" Lincoln comes along with a guitar in hand, and looks at Clarke to see if she was interested.

"You know I can't do music for shit Lincoln. I sucked at it." Lincoln brought a guitar just in case someone wanted to play but apparently nobody in the group knew how by the looks of it.

"Okay. Well I guess I have to put the guitar away. O can't play, Anya can't, Raven is too lost in her own world and I can't play." Lincoln shrugs his shoulders before Anya comes by and takes the guitar from his hands.

"Let my musically talented sister do it. She can play the piano and not to mention the drums as well."

"An... your drunk."

"Am not. So suck it up and sing big sis." Anya kisses her sister's cheek before walking over to Raven who was laughing at Octavia.

"Come on baby. Sing something. I've never actually heard you play a piano or a guitar. Well actually you didn't tell me about it." Clarke makes her way over and settles down beside Lexa who gave her a warm smile.

"Well, nobody ever listens back in my college days because everyone was out fooling around and having fun."

"I'm listening. Now play! Come on!" Lexa smiles again and kisses Clarke's cheeks before tuning the guitar.

Clarke's imagination got the best of her and her thoughts shifted to the future. Her and Lexa sitting their backyard, their three kids huddled together under clear night sky as Lexa would play the guitar and sing songs with them on days where it wouldn't rain. It was a nice thought.

"I met you in the dark, you lit me up You made me feel as though I was enough We danced the night away, we drank too much I held your hair back when You were throwing up

Then you smiled over your shoulder For a minute, I was stone-cold sober I pulled you closer to my chest And you asked me to stay over I said, I already told ya I think that you should get some rest

I knew I loved you then But you'd never know Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go I know I needed you But I never showed But I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old Just say you won't let go Just say you won't let go

I'll wake you up with some breakfast in bed I'll bring you coffee with a kiss on your head And I'll take the kids to school Wave them goodbye And I'll thank my lucky stars for that night

When you looked over your shoulder For a minute, I forget that I'm older I wanna dance with you right now Oh, and you look as beautiful as ever And I swear that everyday you'll get better You make me feel this way somehow

I'm so in love with you And I hope you know Darling your love is more than worth its weight in gold We've come so far my dear Look how we've grown And I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old Just say you won't let go Just say you won't let go

I wanna live with you Even when we're ghosts Cause you were always there for me when I needed you most

I'm gonna love you till My lungs give out I promise till death we part like in our vows So I wrote this song for you, now everybody knows Cause now it's just you and me till we're grey and old Just say you won't let go Just say you won't let go

Just say you won't let go Oh, just say you won't let go."

Lincoln hollers and whistles, with Octavia clapping and cheering, Raven having raised her bottle along with Anya and they howled like wolves. Lexa laughed bowed her head in thanks and turned over to smile at Clarke.

"I have somewhere to show you Lexa."

"Where is that?"

Clarke only kisses Lexa and takes off into the forest, Lexa following along, smiling.

--------------------

End of Chapter 31

xx Alex