Chapter 18: Not Caring

Clarke dries herself up, using the towel to squeeze out the extra water that was in her hair before stepping out of the shower. She had just rinsed off and after opening the door of the bathroom, she found Lexa hunched over on the chair, her head in her hands. She seemed to be asleep or resting, her eyes were closed and her head leaning heavily on her hand. Her damp hair was pushed to the side, her face somewhat clear from her hair and it made her look beautiful from the side. Mom must've sent her down to get showered off and she must have fallen asleep. Clarke smiled, imagining Lexa in her formal business suit, tired from work and sleeping unglamorously at her desk that way. It was cute but also hot at the same time.

Clarke silently makes her way over, stepping close to Lexa and placing her hand on her open cheek. The soft rubs from Clarke's thumb causes the brunette to jolt awake, her eyes darting around the room before landing on Clarke's ocean blue eyes. Her eyes immediately soften, making Clarke's heart swell in care and love.

"Sorry to wake you. I know you wanted to wash off and head back upstairs."

"It's okay Clarke. Was just resting my eyes." A small tired smile works her way to her lips. Clarke was intrigued as to why a short life saving swim had tired her out so much, but if her mom checked up on her, then it meant that she was fine. But her face was still slightly pale, and Clarke wondered if she had been sitting in the cold from being wet and was falling ill. But then again, her mom was around to check up on her in case something went wrong.

"Lex... I... I wanted to thank you. For jumping in after me. It's sucks that I can't swim. And yeah. Thank you."

"Well, I was just looking out for my lovely fiancé right? Can't disappoint them in laws just yet." Lexa gives her cheeky grin, making Clarke laugh at the joke before their eyes met again.

Clarke wanted to kiss her. To turn this thing around and make Lexa her real fiancé, for her heart was definitely in love with her. Be it fate, by chance, but spending the last few days with her was the most magical thing in the world. Lexa was still seated on the chair, and Clarke took the chance to step in between Lexa's legs. The room heated up again once more. They were really alone with no one else around. Their eyes darted back and forth between lips and eyes, their heart rate picking up slightly as the inched closer to each other. Clarke was towering slightly above Lexa, their nose touching each other's before Clarke moves her hand up, both cupping the woman's cheeks. Instantly, she saw Lexa's green eyes disappear, and Lexa releases a soft sigh, relishing in the touch of Clarke's warm hands. Does she really feel the same way as I do? Does this mean that Lexa does have feelings for me? Is this all real?

Clarke was uncertain. But their tiny incident this morning was another sign in which Lexa was opening up to her. Teasing and taunting her with her naked body in which she wanted to touch all so much. To trace and draw, to imprint it into her memory like it's the last piece of art work she will ever see again. The only thing that could be heard in the room now was their soft breaths that mixed together in the air, both afraid to breach the waters that have yet to be tested. But the two woman knew, at that point of time, that this was what they wanted. That this felt right. And that if they were to kiss, it would feel so right. That they were meant to be. And that's what scared them. So Clarke takes the chance and again, their lips connect, falling into place just like the very first time. Sparks flew, making both woman think back again at the words Clarke had said on the second day they met. How she wanted to prove that if they were meant to be, that only they could feel the spark in their touch. And again, Clarke was right.

Clarke ran her tongue across Lexa's lips, seeking entrance and she was quickly granted access, their tongues immediately meeting. Clarke shifted in position, sitting down on Lexa's toned legs, as they kissed slowly, exploring each other's mouth without the interruption of the outside world. They released soft moans into each other's mouths, savouring the feel and the taste of each other. And slowly, they parted to catch their breaths, chests slightly heaving, their eyes still closed as they rested their foreheads against each other's.

"Lexa?"

Clarke's voice was barely but a mere whisper, not wanting to break the moment that they were currently in, afraid that if she went any higher, the world would end right there and then.

"Clarke?"

Lexa too kept her voice low, not wanting to break the current bubble they were in.

"I know this sounds crazy, but... will you go on a date with me?"

Clarke moves her head away to look Lexa in the eye, waiting for her reaction. Would she push her away? Would she reject her? Clarke looked Lexa dead in the eye, searching for any sense of emotion, any different reaction that Clarke would expect to see. But when Lexa's eyes softened, a smile forming on her lips, Clarke got the answer that she wanted.

"Of course Clarke. I would be glad too." The smile that comes after on Clarke's face and the toothy grin that Lexa gives makes them fall into a breathy laugh.

This was what love was. Clarke fell in love with the snarky business woman and Lexa fell in love with the fairy tale driven artist. Maybe it was time for them to take a chance at the over flowing affections that have been going on for the last few days. Maybe their lives were meant to intertwine that day. Without Mrs. Beaty's help, they would have never met. Their life wouldn't be what it is now. And the attraction between each other is inevitable. The touches, the kisses, the stares, they were made for each other.

And they kissed again, not caring about the eyes that were looking at them from afar. And Abby could only smile even more before disappearing back up to the top deck.

--------------

End of Chapter 18

xx Alex