Chapter 52: I Love You Croco

"Fuck yeah! Were finally going home!"

Raven shouted as she ran towards the car to drop her stuff in the backseat. Another month has passed, having been in Portland for two months after Lexa had been sent in to the hospital after the events that happened on the anniversary dinner and all that happened afterwards, they were all finally going home. Lexa had only been released three days ago and was fit for travel after going for therapy and such for a still healing heart. Raven and Octavia had called in to their respective work places, informing that they would not be returning to work so soon, and Anya had sent a letter to their respective jobs to inform them of Raven and Octavia's help down in Portland.

Seeing that Anya and Lexa were really well known business woman's, they had some sort of power over the smaller corporations that worked on its own like Raven and Octavia's places, making it easy for them to apply for leave. Lexa had insisted that their friends return first, not wanting to keep them away from their jobs, and that her own company was in need of something looking after since they were gone, but nonetheless, the friends had been pretty persuasive about them staying and wanted to be there for the newlywed couple. And so they did. It was the end of July and it was about time for them to head home to the sunny side of San Francisco.

"I know you kids love staying with us too much." Jake comments and Raven laughs whole heartedly.

"Jeeez Papa G. Next time when you're in town, we are having a rematch on Mario Kart."

"Haven't you lost enough bets with him and losing almost $400 overnight?" Anya muses and Raven all but glares at her girlfriend.

"Alright rabbits. Cut the shit. I can't believe me and Lincoln will have to suffer with you two dipshits. Should have made you guys stay with the two lovebirds." Octavia walks out of the doorway, her bag and Lincolns being thrown into the back seat of the car.

"No way. Those two haven't even consummated their love in a month plus, and I highly believe when they get back home, they will be christening the entire house in which I do not want to walk in on them doing it."

"It used to be my house too Raven."

Anya emphasises on that point, knowing that she would expect to find some white patches on the furniture in future when they return to visit their family.

"Alright ladies. Knock it off. My old ears don't want to hear how they christen the house with their white patches. And I expect it to be clean when I come to visit soon. Where are the two anyway?"

Abby looks around with the rest of the group, noticing that the pair was nowhere in sight. Truth be told, Clarke and Lexa were actually out for a walk in the forest behind the mansion, getting the usual walks to get Lexa used to her new found heart. Clarke was beyond happy to be listening to her wife's steady rhythmic beating heart, keeping her safe at night and giving her comfort in the morning when her heart was beating perfectly. Lexa's chest stiches have been removed, and during her stay in the hospital, Clarke had taken Lexa out around the small park behind the hospital, just to let her wife get some fresh air and even having them walk around slowly at Lexa's pace to get her heart beating stronger. Although Dr. Jaha had found Lexa doing sit ups and pull ups in the hospital and giving her a good scolding, he saluted her for being really active and it would actually help speed up the process of making her heart healthy and strong. Walking hand in hand, they walked through the quiet forest, allowing the sunlight to touch their skin, the sound of the wind in their ears and the smell of the morning dew made it soothing to the nose.

"I could get used to this, every morning. You and me, taking a walk in the forest." Clarke says, feeling at peace with the love of her life.

"I wouldn't mind it either. It's refreshing yet calming. It would be a nice environment to raise our kids one day."